Re: [S-R] Ontko family of Jaklovce/Margecany

  • david1law@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 23, 2007
      Hi Sam

      The VASCAK surname appears in the adjacent parish of KLUKNAVA, and in
      particular, the village of RICHNAVA. These are slightly northeast of MARGECANY as
      one follows the HORNAD RIVER. The VASCAK surname is familiar to me, as there
      is a MARIA VASCAK who was godmother to seven children of GEORGIUS JURASKO
      and MARIA KURILLA between 1820 and 1833, and a STEPHANUS VASCAK was godfather
      to two more of their children in 1835 and 1837. My lineage is part of the
      JURASKO clan. There is also another researcher who has the VASCAK surname in
      his direct lineage from RICHNAVA. Please write me directly and I would be
      happy to provide your further information. I can't place it at the moment but
      the PAPCUN surname also seems very familiar. .

      Best regards,

      David Michael Baloga

      Researching: BALOGA (BALOG, BALOGH), BELAK, CUJ (CSUJ) HAMRAK, HARBALY,
      HARENCAR, HRONEC, HVIZDOS, JURASKO, KAFFAN, KISSEL, KOVALCIK, KREDATUS, ONDERCIN,
      RUSBACKY, TKACS, TOMASOV (and variant spellings thereof) in SARIS County
      (villages of VITAZ, OVCIE, DOLINA, and SIROKE), in SPIS (villages of SPISSKE
      VLACHY, KLUKNAVA, RICHNAVA, KALAVA, VITAZ, OVCIE, DOMANOVCE, SPISSKE HRHOV,
      STARY SMOKOVEC (MLYNICA), and in GEMER County (village of ROZNAVA, BRZOTIN, and
      surrounding area)