Re: [S-R] Question

  • Paula
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 21, 2007
      Thanks for the advice, I'll do that. I've put off calling since I know
      those people are so busy. This man is my only brick wall and I was so
      hoping to find something out about him. I can't find him in record at
      the LDS, nothing. If there weren't photos of him, I'd swear he never
      existed! Everyone I've been in contact with in Lee's Summit has been
      very kind. I'll write a letter on Fri. I have 60 days to appeal.

      Paula

      <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

      > Paula,
      > I bet that whatever the document, it simply doesn't copy well.
      >
      > I would appeal to their sense of reason and do it quickly before the
      work on
      > your file is forgotten. I'd suggest writing a considerate letter
      indicating
      > the problem very briefly; give a summary in the very first sentence
      and
      > enclose copies of the copies and their cover letter and claim number.
      >
      > The second paragraph should very briefly explain why this is so
      important to
      > you (appeal to the human element.)
      >
      > In closing, I would thank them for the hard work they do, with the
      > understanding they are under-funded and overworked, but nevertheless
      their
      > work is important and appreciated.
      >
      > In about 10 days from mailing, I would pick up the phone and call,
      just to
      > check that they got it, and to humbly thank them for their
      considerations
      > and good work. Don't be critical - it will be clear enough from the
      > evidence.
      >
      > Sometimes appealing to a bureaucrat on a personal level, especially by
      > acknowledging their situation is helpful. They must get 100 complaints
      every
      > day, on compliment can go a long way. Even afterwards, a letter of
      thanks
      > can go a long way.
      >
      > Good Luck,
      > Bill