RE: [S-R] Apple Strudel

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 18, 2007
      http://www.baking911.com/recipes/pastry/strudel.htm

      _____

      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Nick Holcz
      Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2007 7:23 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Apple Strudel

      At 01:18 AM 19/11/2007, you wrote:

      >My grandmother was from the village of Varadka. She made an apple
      >strudel-like with a very thin dough. You could almost see through it.

      My mother did the same,she learnt the recipe in Slovakia after WW2
      when we went there with my father.I know this must be the case
      because she said she couldn't boil water when she got married. She
      also made the same dough and filled it with almond meal.

      I remember watching the process often, I recall the pastry tearing
      and having to be rolled out again until the result was satisfactory.

      I too would like to know how it was done because I have never seen
      anyone else make a strudel the same.

      Nick

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      2:55 PM