Czech Bible (Corpus Kralickeho)

  • hyperlexiadaddy
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 18, 2007
      Hello,
      I have a big, leather bound Bible printed in
      London in 1957. It weighs about 6 pounds.
      It's the translation of the 1613 Czech Bible.
      Word has it that it is Old Czech, not the current
      spoken Czech. I'm not sure how different it is,
      but this would have been the Bible Czech
      relatives would have been reading prior to
      1957.
      My background is Eastern Slovak, not Czech, so
      I'd like to see someone with a Czech background
      have it.
      So...if you'd like it, and are willing to pay the
      postage from California, let me know.
      The first one who replies to this post
      will get the Bible.
      Thanks,
      Dave Jenco
    • david1law@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 18, 2007
        David:

        What village are you JENCO ancestors from in Eastern Slovakia?

        Best regards,

        David Michael Baloga

      • hyperlexiadaddy
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 19, 2007
          Bracovce. Peter is in the phone book.
          Dave

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, david1law@... wrote:

          > David:
          >
          > What village are you JENCO ancestors from in Eastern Slovakia?
          >

          > Best regards,
          >
          > David Michael Baloga

        • Cheryl Gentsy-Penkrot

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 19, 2007
              Hi David:

              Thanks. I was curious because the surname JENCA (YENCA, JENTSA, JENCSA)
              appears in my extended family in SIROKE parish in the SARIS Highlands west of
              PRESOV.

              Best regards,

              David

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 19, 2007
                Hi David:

                I live in CA and am interested can you give me more information if I am not
                to late.

                Monica Wilke
                @Mtnesters2@...

              • johnqadam
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 19, 2007
                  >>> Bracovce. Peter is in the phone book. <<<

                  If you connect Jenco with Tomko of Malcice, I may have a lot of data
                  for you. I show one connection. Maria Jencova, b 17 Jun 1894, Malcice,
                  married Pavol Tomko, b 21 Dec 1883, married 04 Apr 1917.
                • David Y.
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 30, 2007
                    Sorry, Cheryl posted first.

                  • David Y.
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 30, 2007
                      Bracovce
                      It's near Michalovce

                    • David Y.
                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 30, 2007
                        There are a lot of Jenco's around that neck of the woods...
                        I don't know if yours are in my tree.
                        http://www.windowslive.com/share.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_Wave2_sharelife_112007