Ratio Question

  • Diana Boggs
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2007
      So to simplify...Magyarism only worked while the Magyars were looking your way or in your face which is why most of its success centered around central Hungary. If you were of another ethinic, you were Magyar as long as you had to be and then remained true to your ethnic persuasions in your heart. I assume this is a by-product of ethinic occupation upon a different ethnic.

      Seems to me that an awful lot of people way back when (1848-1900's sure thought they could think for others, tell them how, why to think....whatever it was the then powers wanted until they went home to hearth. And here I thought the Thought Police was a US invention :-(( and a wink).

      BTW, I LOVED the link Bill sent us to. Started bouncing around on it and did you know that Hungary's symbols and Attila the Hun are third and fourth most popularly read articles (from homepage) ? Hungary old and new, seems more to me to be like a political football that proceeded in a direction or not, but not straight lines or not, or hail mary passes or not, spinning off to be other countries or not, with political misfortune/demise for all riding askew in the drop of one football.

      Diana