Re: [S-R] yoy,oi, yiddish, east slovak...?

  • J.
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 12, 2007
      Dear Robert, Dennis & Donna, and other group commentators:

      Did not expect to see my old Message #13921 from Dec. 14, 2005 turn up in a
      conversation again!! But, I always enjoy a chance to remember my maternal Baba, Anna
      (Lazar) Sepelyak. Thanks everyone for sharing your 'Oy-Yoy-Yoy' memories with
      me!

      ROBERT: Kosice is not too many miles from my Baba's village, Ubrez.

      DENNIS & DONNA: I believe there are members in my Church with the surnames Bumbak
      and Haluska. The Church is St. John the Baptist Orthodox Church in Perth Amboy, NJ. It is
      part of the American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese.

      Best Regards,
      Cousin Janie

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Robert Shive <robert_shive@...> wrote:

      Heard it many times, from my mother grandmother, and great aunt. The family is
      originally from eastern Slovkia near Kosice.

      Dennis and Donna <ddhalusker@...> wrote: >

      How many times as a boy I would get a response like this from my Mother?
      Searching for Surnames:Haluska/Bumbak/Petrus/Pilat/Csorej

      MY ORIGINAL MESSAGE #13921