RE: [S-R] New to Group/SOUCEK, VLADYKA,KRALL,SOBOSKZ, VOZENELEK(U)

  • Janet Kozlay
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 11, 2007
      Dear Kathleen,

      Although the information given at the reunion says that the family came from
      Czechoslovakia, that country no longer exists. It has now been split into
      the Czech Republic and the Republic of Slovakia. The place names Turnov and
      Pardubice are now in the Czech Republic. During the 1800s that area belonged
      to Austria, while Slovakia was a part of Hungary.

      You might have even better luck if you tried the Rootsweb Message Board for
      the Czech Republic
      (http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.ceeurope.czechrepublic/mb.ashx).

      Since the Czech Republic has not permitted LDS to film its church records,
      you may have no recourse except to save up your pennies and hire a
      researcher there. It is sad.

      Janet

      _____