Looking for help researching "Tryzna" surname

  • ms_anthropist81
    Message 1 of 32 , Nov 11, 2007
      I haven't been able to definitively research this surname (my
      grandmother's maiden name)because her father was a stowaway on a ship
      from France to the U.S. I know he emigrated here before her birth
      (which was 1932), but I have no other info on the family name since he
      disappeared when she was still a small child and she never got the oral
      history of the family. All we know is that the family name comes from
      Slovakia, and that the family may or may not be of Romani origin. I'm
      beginning to suspect that Trizna (or Tryzna) may have been a name
      adopted once my g-grandfather got to the U.S., since I can find no
      information on it historically. Any tips on how to go about finding
      out how I can trace the surname would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    • konekta@nm.psg.sk
      Message 32 of 32 , Nov 18, 2007
        Yes David, I am pretty sure it was americanized. So the problem remains,
        what was the original spelling.
        Vladimir

        _____