Re: [S-R] Kunzig & Ondzik

  • jtgen96
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 11, 2007
      Thanks for the information. We will definitely read it. There must
      be a typo in the "Bogardi" address, however, as I keep getting a
      message that the site can't be found. They ask if I really meant
      bocardi and send me to a drinking site. : - (

      <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:
      > What was happening in SV in the 1800s was probably the same thing
      that was
      > happening in most small villages if you descended from peasant
      stock -
      > poverty, disease, starvation. A history of larger nearby towns is
      > much more robust and much more telling. Of course
      the "highlights" of the
      > period was the peasant "emancipation" in 1848 and "Magyarization"
      in the
      > late 1800s.
      > Recall also that plagues usually made their rounds about every 15
      years or
      > so, doing in 10 to 20 percent of a village population in a matter
      of a few
      > weeks.
      > I have a few paragraphs on this village's history. It's in
      Slovak, up to
      ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On