RE: [S-R] Town or County???

  • Janet Kozlay
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7 10:52 AM
      I believe it is the village of Krasnovce, just SW of Michalovce SK. The data
      that support this are:

      1. Ellis Island records for Pal Smarzsik from Karaszna. This village was
      also called Krasznocz and is now Krasnovce.

      2. Ellis Island records for Andras Smarzsik from "Lamindocz." This is likely
      a mistranscription of the Hungarian name of the village that is now
      Samudovce SK. It is the neighboring village, just down the road from
      Krasnovce. It was also called Samogy.

      LDS holds microfilms for the following:

      Greek Catholic records for these villages are found in Samogy.

      Roman Catholic records are in Nagymihaly (Michalovce).

      Evangelical records are in Pazdics.

      Reformed records are in Lasztomer.

      Janet

      _____