Re: [S-R] Hello! BUMBAK (Funeral Homes)

  • jnickel_o
    Message 1 of 32 , Nov 6, 2007
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "maxine" <maxine96@...> wrote:

      > Hi all. I am new to this site. I do not understand why Jim would say
      this, it is not very nice and makes the newie's like me afraid of
      asking a question. Doesn't Jim realize that some of us are not as
      knowledgeable as him. Why would we hide this. This is very small of
      him. maxine

      Do you
      > know
      > > when and where he was married. Even old country vs. US means
      > something.
      > >

      > > What was on the prayer card? What is on the prayer card? The church
      > that did
      > > the prayer card probably knew more about Charles then did the
      funeral
      > home.
      > > If I took your posts literally, you don't have a single census
      > record for
      > > Charles and his family. Bill asked you a couple of times if you know
      > the
      > > year of immigration .
      > >

      > > Are you just doing ancestors or are you also trying to figure
      out who
      > all
      > > the descendants are?
      > >

      > > Dennis wrote: "All I have or may obtain in the future is suspect,
      > since
      > > everyone who may have known the man has left this world."
      > >

      > > If they were alive, anything they told you should be suspect. Just
      > because
      > > they knew the man doesn't mean their memories bore any relation to
      > reality.
      > > .. An aside ... my grandfather was the informant for his
      > father on the death
      > > certificate and indicated that his father's father was Friedrich
      > Nickel. You
      > > would think he would be a reliable source of his grandfather's
      > name . he
      > > wasn't. His grandfather's name was Samuel and he didn't
      > have a clue about
      > > what his grandmother's name was.
      > >

      > > Jim
      > >

      > > _____

      I have
      > > been to the sights posted also. As I said, all I have is a prayer
      > card.
      > > I fully understand the errors that may occur.Every thing I have is
      > from
      > > a second or third source,even Grand Pa's name. He used
      Charles."Karol"

      "http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/ancestral_village.htm"http://www.iabsi.\

      "http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/imm_names.htm"http://www.iabsi.-com/gen\

      "http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/ins_foia_petitions.htm"http://www.iabsi\

      "http://www.archives.gov/publications/general-info-leaflets/55.html"http\

      "http://www.stevemorse.org/census/soundex.html"http://www.stevemor-se.or\

      "http://www.jewishgen.org/databases/EIDB/ellis.html"http://www.jewishge-\
      > n.or
      > > g/databases/-EIDB/ellis.-html
      > > >

      > > > There are many other places to search as well, including GP church
      > > records,
      > > > children's birth records, Social Security, etcetera.
      > > > HYPERLINK

      "http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/ancestral_village.htm"http://www.iabsi.\
      > -com
      > > /gen/public/-ancestral_-village.htm
      > > >
      > > > If you had responded to my question about what year your GP's
      > arrived,
      > > or
      > > > more details about the immigrant (approx birth year, age at
      > > immigration,
      > > > religion, language spoken) I could have helped you more in
      > determining
      > > which
      > > > of this plethora of sources you will want to focus your time on.
      > > >
      > > > Good Luck,
      > > >

      > > > Bill

      I am

      "http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS"http://www.yahoogro-ups.c\
      > om/g
      > > roup/-SLOVAK-ROOTS -or- send blank
      > > email

      "mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.com"SLOVAK-ROOTS--unsubsc\

      Message 32 of 32 , Nov 6, 2007
        Everyone has had ample opportunity to make their points. Continuing this
        discussion will not be productive, so let's close this discussion thread.
        I'll purge any further responses to this topic.
        Thanks,
        Bill