Surname: Szics

  • panther7775
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2007
      Having some trouble finding much of anything on the Surname: Szics
      Any information quite helpful.
      Researching my Gr grandfather Gyorgy Szics Born 1873 in Cukalovce.
      Lived in Ashley, Pa. then eventually settled on Maleable Street in
      Sharon, Pa.
      First marriage to Theresa. I do not have a maiden name on her yet.
      They had a daughter named Eva.
      Then married my Gr grandmother Anna Cmar from Zamutov', Eastern
      Slovakia.
      Bonnie Seech-Dailey
      panther7775@...
    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 5, 2007
        >>> Researching my Gr grandfather Gyorgy Szics Born 1873 in Cukalovce.

        LDS has Greek Catholic parish registers transcripts of births,
        marriages and deaths for C'ukalovce, Slovakia; formerly Csukalócz,
        Zemplén, Hungary. They also have the 1869 Hungarian Census.

        >>> Then married my Gr grandmother Anna Cmar from Zamutov, Eastern
        Slovakia. <<<

        LDS has 1869 Hungarian Census for Zamutov. Church records are probably
        the ones for Rudlov.

        LDS FICHES (set of 6) LDS #6000786
        Slovak archives. Index of villages is on fiche #6 and page references
        refer to different religions. Most of these church records are
        available on film via your LDS Family History Center.
      • b
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 5, 2007
          Thankyou.

          johnqadam <johnqadam@...> wrote: >>> Researching my Gr grandfather Gyorgy Szics Born 1873 in Cukalovce.

          LDS has Greek Catholic parish registers transcripts of births,
          marriages and deaths for C'ukalovce, Slovakia; formerly Csukalócz,
          Zemplén, Hungary. They also have the 1869 Hungarian Census.

          >>> Then married my Gr grandmother Anna Cmar from Zamutov, Eastern
          Slovakia. <<<

          LDS has 1869 Hungarian Census for Zamutov. Church records are probably
          the ones for Rudlov.

          LDS FICHES (set of 6) LDS #6000786
          Slovak archives. Index of villages is on fiche #6 and page references
          refer to different religions. Most of these church records are
          available on film via your LDS Family History Center.

          Bonnie A. Dailey