Grandparents or Great Grandparents

  • Mtnesters2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 25, 2007
      Hi:

      Can anyone give information on a house number in Polomka it may be 109,129
      or 189..What might this tell me about our family?

      Monica Wilke

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 26, 2007
        Hello Monica,
        The LDS microfilms will usually list the house numbers of people who lived
        in that house. I followed the thread of the house numbers in my families and
        found that many relatives lived together and I was able to start following
        different surnames and tie them in with my family.
        Also, may members of the group have written to mayors of the villages of
        their ancestors requesting information. You may be able to do this if you can
        make out the number.
        Noreen

        Hi:

        Can anyone give information on a house number in Polomka it may be 109,129
        or 189..What might this tell me about our family?

        Monica Wilke

      • June McKee
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 26, 2007
          Hi Noreen,

          do you know how you would go about writting to the mayors of these villages for information? Also would you know what kind if any information that they would be willing to give you? I assume that there is a price for this service?
          thanks,
          June

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 26, 2007
            >>> do you know how you would go about writting to the mayors of these
            villages for information? Also would you know what kind if any
            information that they would be willing to give you? I assume that there
            is a price for this service? <<<

            I just did a report on the Delphi site. Message #8960.1
            http://forums.delphiforums.com/iarelative/messages
          • david1law@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 26, 2007
              Hi Noreen:

              I really liked the points that you made about the house numbers. I, too,
              marked down the house numbers, and it is often helpful in differentiating
              between various branches of a family clan in the same village. House numbers even
              helped me confirm a family relationship with a Canadian cousin of mine, as we
              both descend from the same ONDERCIN family in KALAVA, SPIS REGION, SLOVAKIA.

              Best regards,

              David