Princzed & Falsorad

  • MILAN HUBA
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 23, 2007
      Hi Gang:

      A Slovak friend was told that his grandparents were born in Princzed and in Falsorad in Northern Hungary which is now Slovakia. We are trying to locate these two towns. Can anyone tell us the Slovak names for these two towns?

      Thank you for your help.

      Milan Huba

    • MILAN HUBA

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 23, 2007
          Although most of the members are also there, the gang is on Slowak World,
          not here.
          Here are only highly esteemed members. :-)
          Vladimir

          Your place names are so badly misspelled, that a positive identification
          from this is not possible.
          " A Slovak friend" will have to tell more.

          _____

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 23, 2007
            >>> grandparents were born in Princzed and in Falsorad in Northern
            Hungary which is now Slovakia. We are trying to locate these two
            towns. <<<

            Felsõrados (Radošovce) Szakolcai járás Nyitra vármegye

            I see it mapped as Rudosocz following the road southeast from Holic on
            the 1910 map at http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/nyitra.jpg LDS
            has church records available and also the 1869 Hungarian Census.

            Using the same map reference, I see the other village as K. Pritrsd. A
            current map shows the village name Prietrzka. The 1828 census list of
            villages shows it as Pritrzsd, Nyitra Megye.

            It's a start . . .
          • johnqadam
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 23, 2007
              >>> Your place names are so badly misspelled, that a positive
              identification from this is not possible. <<<

              I was surprised that you gave up so easily! ;)
            • konekta@nm.psg.sk
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 23, 2007
                It's becauese I'm busy.
                And I don't want to steal the show at any price.:-)
                Vladimir

                _____

              • david1law@aol.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 23, 2007
                  Hi Milan:

                  When the exact spelling of a place name is not known, one of the best places
                  to search is called the FUZZY GAZETTEER which permits a person to search
                  phonetically:

                  _http://tomcat-dmaweb1.jrc.it/fuzzyg/query/_
                  (http://tomcat-dmaweb1.jrc.it/fuzzyg/query/)

                  When I placed the name FALSORAD in the FUZZY GAZETTEER search engine, one
                  possibility that appeared toward the top of the list is FELSORADA in PEST
                  MEGYE, HUNGARY. When I tried PRINCZED in the FUZZY GAZETTEER, some various places
                  appeared, but the results did seem to reveal a good place name in Slovakia
                  or Hungary with any confidence. If possible, can you find out when your
                  friend's grandparents came to the United States? Did they come through Ellis
                  Island? If so, there may be clues in the Ellis Island database, or in
                  naturalization papers, etc.

                  I also highly recommend Bill Tarkulich's Eastern Genealogical Research
                  Strategies website at _www.iabsi.com_ (http://www.iabsi.com) which contains a lot
                  of great advice about searching for ancestors in what was part of the former
                  kingdom of Hungary (whether now part of Slovakia or Hungary, etc.). One
                  piece of advice to keep in mind is to try to corroborate as much information as
                  possible in regard to the identifying the correct place of origin.
                  Otherwise, one may find themselves off on the proverbial wild goose chase, looking for
                  persons who may have the same first and last name as an ancestor but in the
                  wrong village. Identifying the correct village of origin is of the greatest
                  importance. I hope this helps a little.

                  Best regards,

                  David