Hello!

  • Dennis and Donna
    Message 1 of 32 , Oct 21, 2007
      Hello,I am looking forward to participating in this group. I am
      still in the gathering stages searching Surnames:
      Haluska,Bumbak,Pilat and Csorej. Haluska is not going too well for me
      as our relatives never stayed close.Most are from New Jersey.I am
      though hoping to get a respose from the Funeral Home that buried My
      Greats. Our name was also "Americanized" by my Grand -Father so the
      difficulties I am facing with that you can you can imagine.

      Bumbak,I have partials on as the line before me has all
      died.They were a small family but I do have some records from Belmont
      County and they are solid.I need there to jump to Ellis
      Island,Baltimore or wherever they came into the U.S.

      So far as Pilat and Csorej goes Both my Greats there came
      from Remeniny,Slovakia and I have met a relation who has history
      going back to early 1800's! This as you may understand has consumed
      quite a bit of my time.

      So at any rate you seem a to be a serious bunch by the
      welcome letter I received ,so once again,Looking forward to talking
      with Ya'll! Dennis
      Message 32 of 32 , Nov 6, 2007
        Everyone has had ample opportunity to make their points. Continuing this
        discussion will not be productive, so let's close this discussion thread.
        I'll purge any further responses to this topic.
        Thanks,
        Bill