Re: [S-R] names/nicknames

  • J Michutka
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 10, 2007
      I recently completed a big genealogy for a friend (dau. of Slovak
      immigrants); it turns out my research cleared up a family mystery.
      Friend's mother used to be called by a nickname, but the reason was
      lost--my friend remembered asking her mother why people called her
      that, and the mother's reply was "I don't know". Turns out it was a
      family name on the mother's side, the maiden name of the mother's
      great-grandmother (straight up the maternal line), who had married in
      1825. That's how long the name stuck to the family, evidently
      working its way down from mother to daughter.

      Julie Michutka
      jmm@...