Re: [S-R] travel to slovakia

  • tom geiss
    Message 1 of 63 , Oct 8, 2007
      Michele, You say that you met your geneologist / interpreter, driver in Kosice, in 2005. Can you by chance let me know the name of this person, and their rate? I am specifically interested in the area around Spisska nova Ves in Spis county. Tom Geiss----- Original Message -----
      Message 63 of 63 , Oct 19, 2007
        Frank,

        I will agree. I think of them as European Bed & Breakfast
        (approximately). Often in private homes, each one is unique.
        Sometimes they seem like very small hotels. I have rarely been
        disappointed and quite often delighted with some unexpected
        hospitality or advice the local people will offer. It was
        particularly delightful right after communism collapsed and the people
        were excited.

        It is nice to hear the word comes from the French. Pensions are quite
        common in Germany and Penzion spelling variation in other central
        European countries. I most often travelwithout reservations.
        Sometimes rooms can be negotiated over the fence at 10PM with no
        common language.

        Ron

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Frank R. Plichta"