RE: [SPAM] Re: [S-R] Re: Translation

  • Martha at Toldin
    Message 1 of 54 , Oct 7, 2007
      Christine,

      My husband, who is from Kosice, remembers friends of the family named
      Makara. He met them when he was about 13, so it is about 40 years.. They
      were from Michalovce, which is Eastern part of Eastern Slovakia. He called
      the lady, "an aunt Makara". He remembers that they had family in US, he
      thinks maybe "aunt" Makara's brother, her son immigrated to Holland where he
      was a teacher, he also sold sewing machines. He was coming to Slovakia for
      vacation with his family and they camped in large tents. So perhaps search
      in Michalovce and Holland.

      If you want to talk more about his recollenction, please email me privately.

      Martha Lacko

      Lapeer, MI

      _____

      Message 54 of 54 , Dec 6, 2013
        Child Anna
        Born 9 Aug 1898
        Baptized 10 Aug 1898
        legitimate
        parents – you know and they look to be GC Greek Catholic
        living in Falkusovce
        Godparents
        and official/priest/

        Sent: Friday, December 06, 2013 8:57 PM
        Subject: [S-R] Translation

        Again - I need a translation on the link below

        P.361 Ln 36 - I see my relatives names within this line - Rudlyovszki Mihaly and Estok Zsuzanna.

        Thank you, Jon