Re: Translation

  • jcotteret
    Message 1 of 59 , Oct 7, 2007
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "christine mackara"
      <christine1931@...> wrote:
      >I am looking for someone to translate the following: murar
      sodalis, ablicentiatus miles.

      > Hi Christine,
      "ablicentiatus miles " means "soldier on leave".
      "sodalis" is "of the company" or "of the companion"
      I can't find "murar" in any dictionary.It must be related to "murus",
      i.e. "wall".
      I hope it will be of any help to you.

      Jacques

    • MGMojher
      Message 59 of 59 , Jan 19, 2016
        Jill,
            Go to the Slovak-Roots website. Check-in. Near the top is a bar that has the word Photos and a camera. Click on that. On the right are the words Actions and New Album. A box for up loading photos will come up.
        Sent: Monday, January 18, 2016 8:57 PM
        Subject: [S-R] Translation

        Hi what is the best way to post a picture for translation? Is it best to send it to someone directly? It will drop off the post here, eh, if I attach it?

        I have a baptismal record that I have attempted to translate (I don't know Slovakian) and one of the items in the church record book is difficult.

        Best Regards,
        Jill A Baty