Re: Translation

  • jcotteret
    Message 1 of 54 , Oct 7, 2007
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "christine mackara"
      <christine1931@...> wrote:
      >I am looking for someone to translate the following: murar
      sodalis, ablicentiatus miles.

      > Hi Christine,
      "ablicentiatus miles " means "soldier on leave".
      "sodalis" is "of the company" or "of the companion"
      I can't find "murar" in any dictionary.It must be related to "murus",
      i.e. "wall".
      I hope it will be of any help to you.

      Jacques

    • Samuel Ontko
      Message 54 of 54 , Dec 6, 2013
        Child Anna
        Born 9 Aug 1898
        Baptized 10 Aug 1898
        legitimate
        parents – you know and they look to be GC Greek Catholic
        living in Falkusovce
        Godparents
        and official/priest/

        Sent: Friday, December 06, 2013 8:57 PM
        Subject: [S-R] Translation

        Again - I need a translation on the link below

        P.361 Ln 36 - I see my relatives names within this line - Rudlyovszki Mihaly and Estok Zsuzanna.

        Thank you, Jon