Re: [S-R] Slovak Cadastre

  • christine mackara
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 4, 2007
      I was just wondering, what is a "Cadastre" ?
      Thank you, Christine (Mackara)
      Recent Activity
      a.. 3New Members
      Visit Your Group
      Health & Fitness
      on Yahoo! Groups

      Useful info for the

      health conscious.

      Real Food Group
      on Yahoo! Groups

      What does real food

      mean to you?

      Yahoo! Groups HD
      The official Samsung

      Y! Group for HDTVs

      and devices.
      .

    • konekta@nm.psg.sk
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 4, 2007
        Cadastre is Land Records
        Vladimir

        _____

      • Mtnesters2@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 4, 2007
          Vladimir:

          How do you go about finding Land Records?

          Monica

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 4, 2007
            Dear Monica,
            If I know the name and the place I go to the Cadastre Office, we look into
            Index and write all persons with with this name down, together with all the
            numbers of their Land Record files and then take out all those files and try
            to figure out, who is my family and who is not. There are no dates of birth
            or house numbers, just names and their property. If you know for example the
            exact location of at least one property, you can identify the right person.
            Or, you can identify the right person by comparing the names of those, who
            inherited. In Land records, you can have three or four generations of owners
            and this can be the key to identification.
            Not an easy job.
            Regards,
            Vladimir

            _____

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 6, 2007
              Thank you, Vladimir, for the translation of "cadastre". Do you think, there is a chance, that in those records could be, where the family came from ? I know Joannes Makara owned property in Presov and they were thinking of selling it in 1907.
              Christine (Mackara)

            • konekta@nm.psg.sk
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 6, 2007
                Dear Christine,
                Ony the name is there, nothing else of vital data.
                Best,
                Vladimir

                _____

                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 7, 2007
                  Ok Vlad, No trouble accepting that there is no vital information other
                  than the family name in the cadastre records. However, what about
                  non-vital information?

                  I am a semi-retired engineer who has done my share of surveying and
                  public utilities, roads and airports. Taking my one village of Sulin
                  as an example, when I go (or hire someone) to the cadastre office, can
                  I expect to find a plat or drawing of where the property boundaries
                  were and are today? Utilities pretty well didn't exist 100 years
                  back, but did they mark roads and local trails? Can I find the old
                  county line (Spis and Saris) that separated Maly & Velky Sulin back
                  then? Will they (the drawings, sketches or survey plats) locate or
                  note the mill, the forester's headquarters, the city hall, school and
                  other businesses (bar or general store)? May the drawings be updated
                  periodically so I can narrow down when the volunteer fire building was
                  erected in Maly Sulin?

                  I realize these are specific questions as examples, but I intend them
                  to elicit general answers so others may know what to find - if they
                  are also interested in the development of the ancestral village. Of
                  course, many things that apply in one location do not apply in
                  another. But some of us are curious about the history adn the
                  non-vital information.

                  Thanks in advance. You provide a treasure trove of information for
                  those of us outside Slovakia, and this time I want to take advantage
                  of your knowledge!

                  Ron

                • konekta@nm.psg.sk
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 7, 2007
                    Dear Ron,
                    I surely would not want to speculate, what will be found there, but the
                    plots are there. So, it's a land record, not building record.
                    Ina village or town, the land is divided into agricultural land ( fields,
                    lawns, gardens etc) and construction land ( where some building is on, but
                    the building itself is not drawn, however the boundaries of construction
                    land often are the same as the boundaries of the building, though)
                    Maybe there are also other kinds of maps which would show buildings etc too,
                    but they would most probably be in some archive.
                    I say maybe, because the situation varies from area to area.
                    This kind of work requires several visits to several offices and a couple of
                    days if not more.
                    Vladimir

                    _____