Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] PERICH/FEDORKO/STASKO/YOCUBIK/ALLAS

  • Brecosky
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 13, 2000
      Rich:

      I live in Canonsburg. I'm not sure of where her parents lived. I know that
      my grandmother, Mary Blishok, was baptized Russian Orthodox in Sep 1902 at
      St. John the Baptist in Charleroi, PA according to a certificate we have
      found. Her parents are listed as Hnat & Helen Blishok. Her father is
      believed to have been from the town of Sanok, Gallacia?, A-H. I have no
      information about her mother, Helen Consuga(r), other than the name. I am
      hoping to get in touch with a cousin (her sister's son), to see if he might
      have more information. I really have very little to go on for that branch
      of the family tree.

      I have a question that maybe you can answer as well. Is it correct form to
      put the list of ancestral surnames in a tag line after your signature for
      this group? I recently joined several other e-mail groups for genealogy,
      and I'm not sure what is proper 'netiquette'. My list is quite long and I'm
      sure people will get tired of seeing it, but it has also led some very nice
      people (such as yourself) to contact me with possible connections. Any
      advice you can give would be most appreciated.

      Anita (Kersnick) Brecosky