Re: Grandparents and GreatGrand-parents

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2007
      >>> The top of the certificate says.

      REPUBLIKA CESKOSLOVENSKA
      Miestry NARODNY VYBOR V__Polamke
      OKRES Brezno <<<

      . . . was born in Polomka in the region of Brezno Sept. 1887 to
      Jan Kubancik & Maria Skalos

      What was his DAY of birth?

      You can look up the original entry in the church records for
      yourself.You can also go back another 200 years!

      LDS has Roman Catholic parish registers of baptisms, marriages, and
      deaths for Polomka (a.k.a. Polonka), Slovakia; formerly Polonka
      (a.k.a. Polomka, Garamszécs), Gömör, Hungary.

      Krsty, uzavreté manželstvá, úmrtia 1671-1877 - FHL INTL Film [
      2352355 Items 1 - 4 ]

      Krsty, uzavreté manželstvá, úmrtia 1878-1900 - FHL INTL Film [
      2352356 Items 1 - 5 ]

      CENTER (FHC)
      www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp The church
      (zomreli).

      go there in person to order the film(s). In about a month, the film
      will arrive and you can book a film reader and begin your research.
    • helene cincebeaux
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2007
        Good idea to check for the house numbers - sometimes
        they appear on the document - helps when many in the
        village have the same surnames

        look for # and a number or

        c d - cieslo dom and a number

        while the house numbers may have changed over the
        years - the mayor and older residents often remember
        who lived where.

        helene

      • Mtnesters2@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2007
          Date of birth September 3, 1887

          Thank you for the information .I was in Utah AT THE LDS LIBRARY but only for
          a day not enough time to research.Will go to the local LDS Library with this
          information.

          Can you tell me what this means?

          V RODNEJ MATRIKE FARSKEHO URADU CIRKVI rim kat
          v Polomke

          VO SVAZKU____NA STRANE 151 POO CISLOM RADOVYM 76 ROKU 1887
          JE ZAPISANE

          Statne obcianstvo nezapisane

          Monica

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 22, 2007
            Hi Helen

            I just found out a house number it is #9 does this help?

          • helene cincebeaux
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 22, 2007
              hi - this is a wonderful clue when you begin
              researching the records and in the village - please
              tell me again the surname and the village as i am
              working with lots of people at one time and on brain
              overload

              thanks

              helene

              http://mail.yahoo.com