Grandparents and GreatGrand-parents

  • monicawilke
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2007
      Hello, I just received a copy of my Great Uncles Birth Certificate...

      The top of the certificate says.

      REPUBLIKA CESKOSLOVENSKA
      Miestry NARODNY VYBOR V__Polamke
      OKRES Brezno

      RODNEY LIST

      Can anyone translate for me?
      He was born Sept.1887

      His parents names are Yan Kubancik and Maria Skalos.. Is there
      anything else on this certificate that would be of help. No speaking
      or writing the language I need help.

      Thank you in advance.

      Monica Wilke
    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2007
        >>> The top of the certificate says.

        REPUBLIKA CESKOSLOVENSKA
        Miestry NARODNY VYBOR V__Polamke
        OKRES Brezno <<<

        . . . was born in Polomka in the region of Brezno Sept. 1887 to
        Jan Kubancik & Maria Skalos

        What was his DAY of birth?

        You can look up the original entry in the church records for
        yourself.You can also go back another 200 years!

        LDS has Roman Catholic parish registers of baptisms, marriages, and
        deaths for Polomka (a.k.a. Polonka), Slovakia; formerly Polonka
        (a.k.a. Polomka, Garamszécs), Gömör, Hungary.

        Krsty, uzavreté manželstvá, úmrtia 1671-1877 - FHL INTL Film [
        2352355 Items 1 - 4 ]

        Krsty, uzavreté manželstvá, úmrtia 1878-1900 - FHL INTL Film [
        2352356 Items 1 - 5 ]

        CENTER (FHC)
        www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp The church
        (zomreli).

        go there in person to order the film(s). In about a month, the film
        will arrive and you can book a film reader and begin your research.
      • helene cincebeaux
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2007
          Good idea to check for the house numbers - sometimes
          they appear on the document - helps when many in the
          village have the same surnames

          look for # and a number or

          c d - cieslo dom and a number

          while the house numbers may have changed over the
          years - the mayor and older residents often remember
          who lived where.

          helene

        • Mtnesters2@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2007
            Date of birth September 3, 1887

            Thank you for the information .I was in Utah AT THE LDS LIBRARY but only for
            a day not enough time to research.Will go to the local LDS Library with this
            information.

            Can you tell me what this means?

            V RODNEJ MATRIKE FARSKEHO URADU CIRKVI rim kat
            v Polomke

            VO SVAZKU____NA STRANE 151 POO CISLOM RADOVYM 76 ROKU 1887
            JE ZAPISANE

            Statne obcianstvo nezapisane

            Monica

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 22, 2007
              Hi Helen

              I just found out a house number it is #9 does this help?

            • helene cincebeaux
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 22, 2007
                hi - this is a wonderful clue when you begin
                researching the records and in the village - please
                tell me again the surname and the village as i am
                working with lots of people at one time and on brain
                overload

                thanks

                helene

                http://mail.yahoo.com