Re: [SPAM] WWI military records Re: question

  • June McKee
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2007
      I am not very up on the battles that were in Hungary during WW1 but I do remember my father telling me that his mothers four brothers had to fight with the germans in WW1 and all four of them were killed in one blast. I believe that they came from the Munkacs area but have not confirmed that as of yet and do not know names or anything else. I am just curious that once I do get their names if there would be anyway of getting information on these brothers? I do need to read up on my history!

      thanks so much,
      June

      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com
      yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Martha at Toldin
      Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 5:07 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [SPAM]RE: [SPAM] Re: [S-R] new member

      I would also like to find out
      more about my grandfather on my mother's side who served in WWI for
      Austro-Hungarian army and was killed and buried in Italy. I have contacted
      Austian archives in Wien, but never receive any reply from them. I don't
      know how to go about starting to search, I don't know where in Italy he
      died.