Re: [S-R] ploc;plotz;buresh;mikl

  • ttplante@telusplanet.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 20, 2007
      The spellings for Barbara come from a translation of a letter written in 1992
      from the chief archval directorate of Ukraine. Those for Alzbeta come from a
      document of hers allowing her to work in the village. I have just found a
      document that I have received from the Ukrainian archives for a son that
      belonged to my grandparents. It indicates that they were living in the village
      of Bohemka district (uyezd) of Perekop. Would there be a catholic church in
      this village that would have records of the birth/baptism and perhaps marriage
      of my greatgrandfather, assuming he too was born there?

      Quoting Bill Tarkulich <bill.tarkulich@...>:

      > Hello ?
      > Where did you get the names and spellings of these villages? What are the
      > year(s) of these document(s)? The spelling looks off.
      > Not to sound smart, but are not the names you included in your messages
      > the place of origin? If so, what is the remaining question?
      >
      > Regarding a "marriage license". Do you mean a license for your GGGF?
      > that will not be possible. First, I don't believe there was such a
      > document over 100 years ago.
      > You may however, be able to find the ledger that contains the entry line
      > regarding the marriage details. These were recorded by the church, but
      > are held by the state archives. It's unclear which successor state
      > (Czech, Slovak Republic or Ukraine) would be correct until you identify
      > your village(s). If you are lucky, the village(s) are in slovakia and the
      > Mormons have microfilmed these. If it's CR or Ukraine, you will need to
      > go (or send someone) to the state archive.
      >
      > Bill
      >

      > On Thu, September 20, 2007 1:02 pm, ttplante@... wrote:
      > > Hello
      > >
      > > I am trying desparately to locate the parents and./or birthplace of my
      > > great
      > > grandfather....Joseph Ploc(Plotz on ship manifests). He married Barbara
      > > Buresh
      > > in Simferopal but she apparently was born in Boremka or perhpas Dzankoj.
      > > Would
      > > it be reasonable to assume that he was born there too? His second wife
      > > Alzbeta
      > > lived in a town called Hrdlorez in Czechoslovakia. They were married
      > > there...would a marriage license happen to list parents and if so where
      > > might I
      > > contact to locate the document.
      > >
      > > Any help wuld be most appreciated.

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >

      > --
      > Bill Tarkulich
      > http://www.iabsi.com

    • helene cincebeaux
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 20, 2007
        Hi There is an organization called FEEFHS -
        Federation of Western European Family History
        Societies -- that includes more than 170 groups and
        surely some for the regions you are interested in.

        go to feefhs.org/

        They have maps etc and likely you would find some help
        there - many of the socieities are quite specialized.

        good luck!
        helene