Slovak Cadastre

  • konekta@nm.psg.sk
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 5, 2007
      Heavy fine for Cadastre because of making personal data public.
      TV said 10 Million Skk.
      Vladimir

    • christine mackara
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 4, 2007
        I was just wondering, what is a "Cadastre" ?
        Thank you, Christine (Mackara)
        Recent Activity
        a.. 3New Members
        Visit Your Group
        Health & Fitness
        on Yahoo! Groups

        Useful info for the

        health conscious.

        Real Food Group
        on Yahoo! Groups

        What does real food

        mean to you?

        Yahoo! Groups HD
        The official Samsung

        Y! Group for HDTVs

        and devices.
        .

      • konekta@nm.psg.sk
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 4, 2007
          Cadastre is Land Records
          Vladimir

          _____

        • Mtnesters2@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 4, 2007
            Vladimir:

            How do you go about finding Land Records?

            Monica

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 4, 2007
              Dear Monica,
              If I know the name and the place I go to the Cadastre Office, we look into
              Index and write all persons with with this name down, together with all the
              numbers of their Land Record files and then take out all those files and try
              to figure out, who is my family and who is not. There are no dates of birth
              or house numbers, just names and their property. If you know for example the
              exact location of at least one property, you can identify the right person.
              Or, you can identify the right person by comparing the names of those, who
              inherited. In Land records, you can have three or four generations of owners
              and this can be the key to identification.
              Not an easy job.
              Regards,
              Vladimir

              _____

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 6, 2007
                Thank you, Vladimir, for the translation of "cadastre". Do you think, there is a chance, that in those records could be, where the family came from ? I know Joannes Makara owned property in Presov and they were thinking of selling it in 1907.
                Christine (Mackara)

              • konekta@nm.psg.sk
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 6, 2007
                  Dear Christine,
                  Ony the name is there, nothing else of vital data.
                  Best,
                  Vladimir

                  _____

                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 7, 2007
                    Ok Vlad, No trouble accepting that there is no vital information other
                    than the family name in the cadastre records. However, what about
                    non-vital information?

                    I am a semi-retired engineer who has done my share of surveying and
                    public utilities, roads and airports. Taking my one village of Sulin
                    as an example, when I go (or hire someone) to the cadastre office, can
                    I expect to find a plat or drawing of where the property boundaries
                    were and are today? Utilities pretty well didn't exist 100 years
                    back, but did they mark roads and local trails? Can I find the old
                    county line (Spis and Saris) that separated Maly & Velky Sulin back
                    then? Will they (the drawings, sketches or survey plats) locate or
                    note the mill, the forester's headquarters, the city hall, school and
                    other businesses (bar or general store)? May the drawings be updated
                    periodically so I can narrow down when the volunteer fire building was
                    erected in Maly Sulin?

                    I realize these are specific questions as examples, but I intend them
                    to elicit general answers so others may know what to find - if they
                    are also interested in the development of the ancestral village. Of
                    course, many things that apply in one location do not apply in
                    another. But some of us are curious about the history adn the
                    non-vital information.

                    Thanks in advance. You provide a treasure trove of information for
                    those of us outside Slovakia, and this time I want to take advantage
                    of your knowledge!

                    Ron

                  • konekta@nm.psg.sk
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 7, 2007
                      Dear Ron,
                      I surely would not want to speculate, what will be found there, but the
                      plots are there. So, it's a land record, not building record.
                      Ina village or town, the land is divided into agricultural land ( fields,
                      lawns, gardens etc) and construction land ( where some building is on, but
                      the building itself is not drawn, however the boundaries of construction
                      land often are the same as the boundaries of the building, though)
                      Maybe there are also other kinds of maps which would show buildings etc too,
                      but they would most probably be in some archive.
                      I say maybe, because the situation varies from area to area.
                      This kind of work requires several visits to several offices and a couple of
                      days if not more.
                      Vladimir

                      _____