Ruske Birth Records

  • pstagen
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2007
      I am seaching for two specific Ruske birth records. The LDS films
      generally end with 1877 but I am looking for 1886 - 89 births. Does
      anyone know whether these latter records are available from civil
      authorities or if someone can search them out? If so, who is a good
      candidate? I have the dates of birth for two males but am searching to
      verify the names of their parents and, prehaps, their respective ages.

      For one person I have two dates of birth taken from SSA records (15
      December 1889 and 28 December 1889 - I suspect the difference is the
      Julian/Gregorian calendars) plus an Americanized version of his
      parent's names. For the other, a unconfirmed birth date and really
      sketchy parental data.

      I would love to know if both had verifable siblings but it doesn't look
      likely after six years of digging.
    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2007
        >>> I am looking for 1886 - 89 births. Does anyone know whether these
        latter records are available from civil authorities or if someone can
        search them out? If so, who is a good candidate? <<<

        What is archived is on LDS fiches as follows:

        LDS FICHES (set of 6) LDS #6000786
        Slovak archives. Index of villages is on fiche #6 and page
        references refer to different religions. Most of these church records
        are available on film via your LDS Family History Center.

        My folks hail from Dubravka, also Zemplen Megye. For those records,
        there is a 20-year gap in the archived and filmed records.

        Mick Sura was able to locate the "bishops copy" in the archive in
        Satoraljaujhely, Hungary, where he researched the 20-year gap for me.

        Mick may know if your Ruske records for 1879> are available at
        Satoraljaujhely. You pay by the hour, including driving time. Results
        are not guaranteed. You are buying the researchers TIME.

        Mick can be found arusm"at"yahoo.com

        Good luck.