Re: [S-R] tornoczki

  • Julia Anderson
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 3, 2007
      Dear John,
      Thanks for looking for me. Do you have an English website address for the Slovak
      phone book for me please?
      Kind regards
      Julia
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 3, 2007
        >>> Do you have an English website address for the Slovak phone book
        for me please? <<<

        Sorry, none exists. You simply need to follow instructions.

        You might find relatives in Slovakia who have a telephone listing by
        looking them up in the phone book white pages at
        http://telefonny.zoznam.sk/

        To use the search engine, you need to complete all the letters of last
        name e.g.: Adam or Adamova. There is no English version of the web page.

        Put a 0 into the town/mesto field and that will serve as wild-card
        search for all of Slovakia. If your search results in too long a list,
        it will show the message "Našiel som príliš ve¾a záznamov.
        Došpecifikujte požiadavku."

        Peter Nagy offers English-language instructions
        http://www.centroconsult.sk/facilities/phonewp.html
      • Julia Anderson
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 3, 2007
          Paul,
          Thank you - book ordered - as well as Blacklisted by Paul Lendvai, an account of his life.
          Looks very interesting (and sad).
          Julia Anderson (Tornoczki)
          Cambridge, UK
          Julia and group,
          Sorry I accidentally hit the send button before I finished the
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 3, 2007
            Dear Julia,

            I'll be more explicit this time.

            When you go to the Telekom site, check Advanced Search under the Online
            Directory Assistance. Then put Tornoc in the name box and check "Similar
            names, too." That should give you the 49 entries.

            Good luck, Janet

            _____