about terminology - from listowner

  • sabinov@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2000
      Folks,

      First, I will admit I don't know enough about the history to even
      comment on the "people" terms of Slovak etc.... but I do know that
      whenever this comes up it ends up being a bit of a "problem" as it's
      evidently something people do feel strongly about.

      As the listowner, I have no problem with history being discussed if it
      relates to genealogy, however, I also don't want people's feelings to
      get hurt, or for people to be offended.
      Searching in this area of Europe is difficult because of all these
      different terms and how people referred to themselves..... but it's a
      touchy issue.

      For that reason, I'm asking that if you wish to continue the
      conversation on the terms etc, it might be best to take it private.