Re: [S-R] Re: Standard Oil/Standar Brands

  • MA Bensh
    Message 1 of 40 , Aug 28, 2007
      Never heard of Standard Brands, but I guess it is possible. I know for a fact that my grandfather worked as a nightwatchman for Standard Oil. There were several news articles about his death in an accident at the company in 1935.

      nhasior@... wrote:
      In a message dated 8/27/2007 5:55:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      mabensh@... writes:

      Didn't know that Standard Oil was also in Passaic. My mom's Slovak family
      was in Bayonne, NJ, and many of them worked for Standard Oil there. Since it
      was a port city, there were lots of shipyards there and many factories to
      assist with the import of oil. In fact, several family members worked in the
      barrel factory there.

      Could it have been Standard Brands as well??
      Noreen

    • MA Bensh