Request for a Slovak to English Translation

  • gklodzen@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 27, 2007
      Congratulations Bill! I enjoy this site immensely and know you will do an
      excellent job as Moderator.

      May I pose a question to you and/or the Group? From a long story that I will
      not go into now, an old Slovak language newspaper has these words with
      regard to the name of the cemetery in America where my grandfather was reportedly
      buried: "Pochovany bol na pol'skom rim. kat. cintorine". Can anyone please
      offer an English translation?

      Many thanks,
      Eugene Klodzen

    • Armata, Joseph R
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 27, 2007
        This means "He was buried in the/a Polish Roman Catholic cemetery." Sorry it's not more specific!

        Joe

      • gklodzen@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 27, 2007
          In a message dated 8/27/2007 4:30:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
          armata+@... writes:

          This means "He was buried in the/a Polish Roman Catholic cemetery." Sorry
          it's not more specific!

          Joe

          Thank you, Joe, that's very helpful. Now, to track down the right Polish
          Catholic cemetery.

          Regards,
          Gene