Re: Fw: Re: [S-R] Seeking Advice

  • gregory majercik
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 25 2:51 PM
      Bill,

      I appreciate your sharing the way you've
      encountered folks who don't mind displaying their
      ignorance.

      My son is a William, by the way.

      I've tried to teach him the value of education, and
      he's accepted that school is for him. He's become a
      great student and they've given him a Class award at
      his elementary school...it's called the
      "Fantastic Kid" award for his attitude toward the
      teachers and others.

      Like any dad, I'd like to see him become a good
      man...he seems like he should be a teacher in a way.
      I just hope the world can become less filled with
      those who are, in fact, idiots. It's something.
      Where I used to be employed so much was made about the
      achievements of those who over a very long period of
      time,have done well as state employees. The praise
      and adulation is endless for those who succeed in this
      sphere. One person who sticks out was the first afro
      american director of a NC school for those with mental
      retardation. He was promoted to become the state
      director of mental health bypassing many with medical
      degrees to head up a plan to change mental health in
      NC. He was rarely criticized for the problems the
      plan encountered because,many say,he is black. So he
      took on this job, and gave a swan song to those who
      worked with him, and it all seemed as if he was going
      to be able to do great things....well, for all that
      was said, there hasn't been alot accomplished.

      If anyone with a foreign sounding name was asked
      to fill the role, and I doubt one would be so
      appointed, he would have been dismissed and blamed for
      any kind of mess. Not for any other reason than,
      people here are considered transplants who screw
      things up because they are not from NC

      Is the effort of those from other areas
      appreciated..not hardly and those with our last names
      are viewed with distrust while others who are from NC
      are praised even in the face of blatant incompetence.

      I have my work cut out for me raising my little
      slovak son here in the South.

      Take Care,

      Greg Majercik

      === message truncated ===