Re: [S-R] Makara in Presov

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 25 10:07 AM
      Christine,
      Here is a link to the 1910 map of Hungary, Saros County: http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/saros.jpg
      Korytne was in Szepes County, but the map is so dark it is hard to see where Korytne/Korotnok is located.
      On this map you can locate it easy. On the left hand side near the top is a blue area. Just out side the blue are you can see the words Polynanfalu and Korotnok. Just below them is a triangle with 758. That marks the mountain that the tunnel was dug through.
      On my last trip the tunnel was closed for some work. So we had to use the old road over it. Two lanes with many, many curves. If you got behind a semi truck it would be doing no better than 10 mph going up and rarely over 25 mph going down.
      If you want to look at the Szepes map, paste the link I gave you on your search line, the delete saros.jpg. It will take you to a list of the county maps. Click on Szepes.
      Michael Mojher