More Info - Zdiar

  • Judy (& Dr. Joe) Quashnock
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2000
      If you know for sure that he came from Z^diar (Ždiar) [Hungarian name of Zsdjár]. Ždiar
      is 25 km north of Poprad, 80 km west northwest of Prešov, 280 km east northeast of
      Bratislava.

      There are microfilms available from the LDS Family History Center for the area covering
      1741-1949; film numbers 1791928, 1791929, 1791916, and 1791917. Go to

      http://www.familysearch.org/fhlc/supermainframeset.asp?display=generalfilmsearch&columns=*%2C180%2C0

      and punch in the film numbers to get the details.

      Best.

      Dr. "Q"