Fw: Fw: Re: [S-R] Seeking Advice

  • William F Brna
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2007
      Greg,

      I occasionally work by picking up autos that a dealer has bought at
      auction and deliver them to his business. Yesterday, I went to Flint,
      MI, among other places, and was handed an envelope containing cash for my
      expenses. I have been doing this off and on for about a year and my name
      was spelled "Burna" on the envelope. Just as long as they don't mispell
      my name on my paycheck. Of course, I have been dealing with this for 76
      years and will continue to deal with it until my obituary is published.
      All I am trying to say, is, that it m akes about as much difference to me
      as _________________________. (Supply your own metaphor for
      inconsequential sayings).

      I have a t-shirt with CSI printed on it. Underneath is the explanation
      of the letters (Can't Stand Idiots). I have found, over the years, that
      there are a hell of a lot of them!

      Bill Brna

      gmajercik@...>
      Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 18:36:06 -0700 (PDT)
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Seeking Advice

      I'm glad that others are proud of their unusual names.
      So it is slovak. The way I've learned to live with it
      is to accept it, but it does become a concern when
      undertaking something like a job search where people
      interview and don't want to seem rude by
      mispronouncing a name they hardly can spell. It helps
      to know others experiences. Being knew to NC it would
      be useful to have a local sounding name for soemthing
      like a job search, McLawhorn, for instance, but I have
      to make due with what is on my birth certificate. In
      a situation like seeking employment, people have
      generally being decent. I just wish I could make it a
      bit easier for them to deal with it.

      Greg

      === message truncated ===