Fw: Slovak-Roots - New Moderator Poll

  • gary.gaba@firstdata.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2007
      Hi Derek,

      The polling has been completed and I thank you for all your assistance and
      cooperation in this matter. I'm sure every member of the group appreciates
      your help in getting this straightened out and allowing the group to
      continue.

      At this time I would like to turn this over to Bill Tarkulich - our new
      Moderator and you and he can proceed as necessary.

      His e-mail is bill.tarkulich@...

      Bill - Congratulations!! And I am glad I was able to help out. The group
      has given me so much information and I'm glad to be able to give something
      back.

      Thanks,
      Gary

      ----- Forwarded by Gary Gaba/NY/FDMS/FDC on 08/21/2007 10:41 AM -----

      Gary
      Gaba/NY/FDMS/FDC
      07/31/2007 03:42 bill.tarkulich@...
      PM cc

      Subject
      Slovak-Roots - New Moderator Poll

      Hi Bill,

      I figured I'd forward this to you first and see how you want to proceed on
      this. Yahoo has enabled the Polling Capability for Slovak-Roots (see
      below).

      I have not looked to see how to conduct a Poll or if a Moderator has to
      initiate it. Are you familiar with this function??

      Let me know if you would like me to forward this response from Yahoo or
      not; I don't want to stir up a hornet's nest and get everyone all jumping
      up and down unless you want to move forward with this.

      Please advise.

      Gary
      ----- Forwarded by Gary Gaba/NY/FDMS/FDC on 07/31/2007 03:36 PM -----

      Yahoo! Groups
      <egroups-feedback
      @...-inc.com To
      > <Gary.Gaba@...>
      cc
      07/31/2007 03:33
      PM Subject
      Re: Other
      (KMM101229415V53192L0KM)
      Please respond to
      Yahoo! Groups
      <egroups-feedback
      @...-inc.com

      Hello Gary,

      Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Groups.

      We appreciate your patience, Gary.

      You should now be able to access the group's Polls feature to create a
      moderator poll.

      We apologize for any inconvenience.

      Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Groups.

      Regards,

      Gidget

      Yahoo! Groups Customer Care

      Visit our online help pages at:

      http://help.yahoo.com/help/groups/

      New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - better than ever!

      Original Message Follows:
      -------------------------

      Hi Derek,

      Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. Unfortunately, the
      existing
      Moderator (who has vanished) disabled the polling feature for our group.
      However, if you review the recent posting activity on the group for the
      past month you will see the concern of the members and the desire to
      keep
      the group together even if a New Group needs to be established.

      As I mentioned previously, we are trying to avoid creating a new group
      as
      we are sure to lose some members along the way and would prefer
      assignment
      of a new (or back-up) Moderator. If we can proceed in that route, I can
      obtain the name(s) of who that would be and, if necessary, poll the
      users
      as to their approval/agreement via e-mail post that you could also
      review.

      Thank you again for your assistance and cooperation.
      Gary Gaba

      Yahoo! Groups

      <egroups-feedback

      @...-inc.com
      > <Gary.Gaba@...>

      cc
      07/25/2007 05:18

      PM
      Subject
      Re: Other
      (KMM100758375V34762L0KM)

      Please respond to

      Yahoo! Groups

      <egroups-feedback

      @...-inc.com

      Hello Gary,

      Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Groups.

      So, you would like to a new moderator for your Yahoo! Group. Great, we
      can help!

      To select a new moderator please use the groups polls feature to create
      a poll. Then list the member names, or email addresses, of a few
      members who would like to be a moderator as these will be the choices
      for the poll. You will need to announce the poll to your group and ask
      the members to vote on who they would like to be moderator. Please allow
      the poll to remain open for a period of at least one week. Once the poll
      has closed, please email a reply back to us and we will appoint the
      "elected" moderator.

      We do apologize for any inconvenience during this process and please let
      us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

      Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Groups.

      Regards,

      Derek

      Yahoo! Customer Care

      Visit our online help pages at:

      http://help.yahoo.com/help/groups/

      New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - better than ever!

      Original Message Follows:
      -------------------------

      "Subject:" : Other
      "Additional Information" : The current Moderator has not been available
      for several months now. Everyone in the group, especially Bill
      Tarkulich, have been trying to contact Maura (the Moderator) to no
      avail. This group has been around for several years and has a large
      membership. They are considering, as a last resort, to migrate to a new
      group. This will mean, among other things, a loss of all stored
      documents on Yahoo plus the possible loss of valuable members. Is there
      any way a back-up moderator can be assigned without removing Maura as
      Moderator which I understand might be difficult for you at Yahoo. If
      you examine the recent e-mail trails you will see the current problem
      and the anxious responses. Please advise as to what can be done and I
      will gladly pass it on to Bill Tarkulich (who is willing to take the
      responsibility of back-up Moderator) and the rest of the members.
      Sincere Thank You - Gary Gaba

      "Information Passed In":
      ------------------------
      "from_url" :
      http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/groups/original/forms_index.html
      ------------------------

      While Viewing:
      http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/groups/original/forms_index.html

      Form Name: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/groups/original/general.html

      Yahoo ID: gabagary : Yahoo id from cookie
      "https://amt.yahoo.com/amt/dosearch?.token=4SCtsldg1tjKh9Ms89kYsF2OyifE5
      YY0aIQmeHnX"

      Other ID:

      Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1)

      REMOTE_ADDR: 198.184.0.252

      REMOTE_HOST: melblue01.firstdata.com

      Date Originated: Tuesday July 24, 2007 - 11:37:40

      -------

      The information in this message may be proprietary and/or
      confidential, and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this
      received this communication in error, please notify First Data
      immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your
      computer.