Re: [S-R] Roll Call for Tkach Tkacova Tkac Arkie Holinko

  • nhasior@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 21 4:15 AM
      Where did your grandmother live? Where in the United States was she born?
      This may be the place to start. Often, the records are kept in the church
      rectory of the Baptism of a child and may give the villages of the parents and
      godparents. It is possible that the Holinka and Arkie family were involved in
      Baptisms. You may discover siblings of your grandmother at the church. It is
      not always so, but you may be lucky. From that point you can start to search
      in LDS records from Utah, which you can have delivered to your local Mormon
      Family History Center once requested. I would start at the point where your
      grandmother was born.
      Noreen

    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 21 10:24 AM
        >>> Where did your grandmother live? Where in the United States was
        she born? This may be the place to start.<<<

        Saèurov is located 48°49' 21°42', northwest of Michalovce and south of
        Vranov nad Toplou.

        GC and RC records are available at LDS for Sacurov, as is the 1869
        Hungarian Census.

        Durta, Gaspar, Dolny Kamenec, age 40, born 1882, arrived 1922. Village
        is now Kamenna Poruba and is located one village north of Sac'urov.

        Arki shows 25X on Ellis Island. Holinko shows 4X on Ellis Island.

        Current phone listings include:
        Tkác' Ján, Lesná 269, Sac'urov
        Holinková Mária, Nižný Hrušov 225, Nižný Hrušov
      • Deb
        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2009
          I added new information and pics on my grandmother Mary Tkach was born in Blacktop Ohio, and I have her birth certificate. It does not have anything that will help me out only the names of her parents.

          Message 4 of 4 , May 3, 2009
            Hello Deb,

            Can you get to a Family History Center? This will contain the birth marriage and death records on microfilm. They are not online. John has given you details in his prior corresponden ce to you.

            http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/fhl_resources.htm

            http://tinyurl.com/ej2y

            Best Wishes,
            Bill Tarkulich