Re: [S-R] Genealogy 10 Generation Relationships Chart

  • david1law@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 17, 2007
      Hi Greg:

      This is a little off topic but I wanted to let you and everyone else know
      that the new movie LAST LEGION about a Roman legion at the end of the Roman
      Empire was filmed in part at SPIS CASTLE (although from what I understand, some
      artistic license was also taken so not all of the shots of the castle are
      totally authentic). As you may recall, most of the Roman limes were on the
      southern side of the Danube but the Romans did make incursions into the western
      and central parts of Slovakia, in particular, the stone inscription left by a
      Roman legion in TRENCIN and also along the HRON river (GRANUS in Latin
      meaning "grain") where the Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius wrote his book known as
      the "Meditiations." In any event, the new movie with its footage in SPIS
      CASTLE should be interesting to see, especially for those of us with ancestors in
      the Spis region.

      Best regards,

      David