Re: [S-R] Zemplin - an overview

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 4, 2007
      >>> I havent looked at all on EI for Harkabusz.<<<

      Type Harkab into the Morse front end for EI and you find 38 listings.
    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 4, 2007
        >>> I havent looked at all on EI for Harkabusz. <<<

        Here are the phone listings in area code 051.

        Harkabusová Terézia,T.Ševc'enka 2, Prešov
        Harkabusová Helena,Kendice 155, Kendice
        Harkabus Jozef,Kendice 354, Kendice
        Harkabus Ladislav,Košická 99, Kendice
        Harkabus Rudolf,Nižná 222, Kendice
        Harkabus Anton,Lipovce 48, Lipovce
        Harkabus Jozef,Chminianske Jakubovany 103
        Harkabus Jozef,Valkovská 19, Solivar
      • jenna-m
        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 5, 2007
          Hi June. This is a real long-shot, but my mother's best friend growing up [in Reading, PA] was an "Anna KAlina." My mom's parents were from the Presov region as were, I think, many in their church community. It may be worth a phone call or letter to to the St. Cyril and Methodius parish in Reading to see if there is any connection with the names you are searching.

          Good luck.
          Jenna

          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 5, 2007
            Hi Jenna,

            thanks for the info. I was doing some searching lastnight for Kolina and did find an Anna Kolina which came from Regete with two small children. seems she was going to meet up with her husband in Port chester ny. I need to find out who her husband was. I am finding alot of Kolinas which went to Pa and Chicago areas. My family was in Ny, well atleast all that I ever knew. I guess that doesnt mean that other relations to my grandfather went elsewhere.
            So is this two churches that you are saying? St Cyril in Reading and Methodius Parish another?
            I guess I would just ask if they have any families with the Kolina name still in the parish?

            thanks for the long-shot, you never know! My surname is not all that common so it could be a really good chance of connections. Do you know if any of the family is still living?

            June

            Message 5 of 18 , Aug 5, 2007
              June:

              Sts. Cyril and Methodius is "one" [Roman Catholic] parish.451 South 6th Street in Reading, PA. [phone 610-373-0627].My grandfather helped raised funds to build the church as I guess many immigrants did in trying to "reconstruct" and continue parts of their [old] world as something to hold on to in times of great change in a new and foreign environment.

              My mother is [now] 92...her friend that she went to elementary and junior level school was about the same age. She was maid of honor at her wedding. Think they must've been about the same age. Anna Kalina never married...and became a caretaker for her aging mother. She did, however, have a couple of brothers.
              Haven't lived in the Reading area for many many years...so don't know alot more.

              If you make plans to visit the Presov region, let me know if you'd like a travelling buddy [smile].
              Best,