"Orosz"

  • Diana Boggs
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 4, 2007
      If the word explanations are correct, and not doubting the answers, then please help me to understand why the Hungarians from 1920-1943 called their Kennel Club, the Orszagos or Oroszagos Kennel Club. I have seen it spelled both ways. Diana

    • Janet Kozlay
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 4, 2007
        Országos means national, which makes perfect sense. Perhaps the extra “o”
        was a misprint.

        Janet

        _____

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 5, 2007
          I hope I am not too late for this.

          Although I am enormously flattered that someone should put my name in for
          helping out with the list administration, I must respectfully withdraw my
          name. Currently I am recovering from surgery and have a difficult time
          getting to my computer at all. Other than that, I do not feel I have either
          the time or the expertise to take on any extra duties. But I will continue
          to try to be of help any time I feel capable of doing so.

          Janet Kozlay

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 5, 2007
            I'll make certain to remove your name Janet. Best wishes for a speedy
            recovery. Can't afford to lose you! ;)
            Nominations until midnight tonight, Sunday August 5th.
            I will be posting the election form sometime on Monday.
            Bill