Re: [S-R] Nomination List & Voting

  • Paul Tomasko
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 3, 2007
      I did the same kind of "Shotgun letter sending" via email in the late 90's,
      and found what added up to about 4 families that are family and ended up
      talking to them on the phone and sending emails back and forth, they lived
      all over the country. But I cannot remember how I did that, something like
      a directory for emails search for surnamem, but I can't seem to find
      whatever site I used back then. It seems like this method of turning over
      some stones and finding distant cousins is pretty successful.

      Paul

    • Edie
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 3, 2007
        Yes, Hi, Paul that is quite a find! Congratulations,
        edie

[...]

        family from a two generations back. She knows everything from 1900 on up to

      • June McKee
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 3, 2007
          well I am going to search around and try to do the same. Surely there has to be someone out there with a connection!
          June

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 3, 2007
            I suspect Paul used the online Sk phone book and queried on his surname.
            Bill

            well I am going to search around and try to do the same. Surely there has to
            be someone out there with a connection!
            June
            I did the same kind of "Shotgun letter sending" via email in the late
            90's,
            and found what added up to about 4 families that are family and ended up
            talking to them on the phone and sending emails back and forth, they lived

            all over the country. But I cannot remember how I did that, something like

            a directory for emails search for surnamem, but I can't seem to find
            whatever site I used back then. It seems like this method of turning over
            some stones and finding distant cousins is pretty successful.

            Paul

            >From: "June McKee" <junemckee@...>
            >To: <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com>
            >Subject: Re: [S-R] Nomination List & Voting
            >Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 21:20:09 -0700
            >
            >Wow Paul you are so lucky to have stumbled onto that one! That is so neat

            >to have made a connection with family. I think I may try something like
            >that and see if I can find family.
            >
            >June

            Yahoo! Groups Links