Nomination List & Voting

    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 2, 2007
      Nominations for new listowner moderator continue to be accepted until
      11:59PM on Sunday August 5th. After that date/time, the voting (poll) will
      open (instructions to follow) and no more nominees can be accepted. It
      would be my desire that the elected individual will become the list owner as
      well, having full privileges. There is only ONE owner, but there can be
      several moderators. If elected, you certainly can decline.

      Here is the consolidated list of nominees thus far:

      Andrea Vangor
      Bill Tarkulich
      Caye Caswick
      Frank Plichta
      Janet Kozlay
      Maura Petzolt
      Ray Slack

      My apologies if I have missed anyone, there have been hundreds of emails to
      read through.

      On a related matter, the following people have offered to be backup
      moderators, in the event the owner is unwilling or unable:

      Ron Matviyak
      maureen
      Mike Hemeon
      Milan Huba

      If you would like your name to be on both lists, or moved from one to
      another, or if you'd prefer not to be on these lists, please drop me a note.

      Anyways, both lists are STILL OPEN. Feel free to nominate or volunteer
      until Sunday.

      Regards,
      Bill Tarkulich

    • Frank R. Plichta
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 2, 2007
        Bill and the List:

        It is flattering to be nominated, but my travel schedule would not permit me
        to play an active roll.

        Please delete my name from the ballot. I know that here are several others
        who are more active than I and who will do a wonderful job to further the
        effectiveness of Slovak-Roots.

        Thanks to Kathi for the complement.

        I'll still be here and will cast my vote when the ballot is sent.

        Till we type again.

        Frank

        Frank Plichta

        Galax, Virginia

        _____

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 2, 2007
          I would like to be on both lists whenever the second one is up a running.

          Just a little side genealogical side note, anyone who has been doing this
          for awhile knows that sometimes you just stumble into what seems to be the
          greatest thing since our ancestors got through the gates at Ellis Island.
          Well my great aunt had told me back in 1998 that we have relatives in
          Warren, Ohio you need to look there. That is all she told well I thinking
          Warren probably isn't that large but without a name kind of like a needle in
          a haystack. Well almost ten years have past and my great aunt had passed
          away a couple of years ago. I went to Ancestry.com and searched there
          directories in Warren Ohio for any surname that I may have heard any of my
          family mention as "they are related some way or another. I found 13 people
          with different addresses and mailed them a letter explaining that we maybe
          related and this is who I am related to if this sounds like we maybe related
          I would love to hear from you. Then the day before yesterday I get a
          message on my machine from a lady in Ohio who says we are related. I called
          her back and a guy that I mailed a letter to that I am not related to gave
          my letter to this ladies son and he gave it to her and she knows my whole
          family from a two generations back. She knows everything from 1900 on up to
          now of my grandfathers generation. I don't have any grandparents or great
          aunts anymore so this lady is like a gift from heaven. I am sending all the
          info that I have about my branch of the family and the little I did know
          about her branch and she said she would fill in the blanks, plus send me
          copies of pictures of her grandparents who is my great grandfathers sister!
          And nobody on my part of the family know what any of these people look like.
          I can not wait to get this in the mail and get a reply. It was like
          talking to somebody that I see all the time or at least at holidays, and yet
          I have never heard of or talked to this lady until the other day. Family is
          great! Just thought I would share.

          Paul Tomasko

        • treimer@nycap.rr.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 2, 2007
            High five, Paul! That's the great news we all hope for.

            Thomas

> [...]
            > >Frank Plichta
            > >Janet Kozlay
            > >Maura Petzolt
            > >Ray Slack
            > >
            > >My apologies if I have missed anyone, there have been hundreds of
            > emails to
            > >read through.
            > >
            > >On a related matter, the following people have offered to be backup
            > >moderators, in the event the owner is unwilling or unable:
            > >
            > >Ron Matviyak
            > >maureen
            > >Mike Hemeon
            > >Milan Huba
            > >
            > >If you would like your name to be on both lists, or moved from
            > one to
            > >another, or if you'd prefer not to be on these lists, please drop
            > me a
            > >note.
            > >

            > >Anyways, both lists are STILL OPEN. Feel free to nominate or

          • June McKee
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 2, 2007
              Wow Paul you are so lucky to have stumbled onto that one! That is so neat to have made a connection with family. I think I may try something like that and see if I can find family.

              June
> [...]

              >Bill Tarkulich
              >Caye Caswick
              >Frank Plichta
              >Janet Kozlay
              >Maura Petzolt
              >Ray Slack
              >
              >My apologies if I have missed anyone, there have been hundreds of emails to
              >read through.
              >
              >On a related matter, the following people have offered to be backup
              >moderators, in the event the owner is unwilling or unable:
              >
              >Ron Matviyak
              >maureen
              >Mike Hemeon
              >Milan Huba
              >
              >If you would like your name to be on both lists, or moved from one to
              >another, or if you'd prefer not to be on these lists, please drop me a
              >note.
              >

              >Anyways, both lists are STILL OPEN. Feel free to nominate or volunteer

            • Paul Tomasko
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 3, 2007
                I did the same kind of "Shotgun letter sending" via email in the late 90's,
                and found what added up to about 4 families that are family and ended up
                talking to them on the phone and sending emails back and forth, they lived
                all over the country. But I cannot remember how I did that, something like
                a directory for emails search for surnamem, but I can't seem to find
                whatever site I used back then. It seems like this method of turning over
                some stones and finding distant cousins is pretty successful.

                Paul

              • Edie
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 3, 2007
                  Yes, Hi, Paul that is quite a find! Congratulations,
                  edie

> [...]

                  >Bill Tarkulich
                  >Caye Caswick
                  >Frank Plichta
                  >Janet Kozlay
                  >Maura Petzolt
                  >Ray Slack
                  >
                  >My apologies if I have missed anyone, there have been hundreds of emails to
                  >read through.
                  >
                  >On a related matter, the following people have offered to be backup
                  >moderators, in the event the owner is unwilling or unable:
                  >
                  >Ron Matviyak
                  >maureen
                  >Mike Hemeon
                  >Milan Huba
                  >
                  >If you would like your name to be on both lists, or moved from one to
                  >another, or if you'd prefer not to be on these lists, please drop me a
                  >note.
                  >

                  >Anyways, both lists are STILL OPEN. Feel free to nominate or volunteer

                • June McKee
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 3, 2007
                    well I am going to search around and try to do the same. Surely there has to be someone out there with a connection!
                    June

                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 3, 2007
                      I suspect Paul used the online Sk phone book and queried on his surname.
                      Bill

                      well I am going to search around and try to do the same. Surely there has to
                      be someone out there with a connection!
                      June
                      I did the same kind of "Shotgun letter sending" via email in the late
                      90's,
                      and found what added up to about 4 families that are family and ended up
                      talking to them on the phone and sending emails back and forth, they lived

                      all over the country. But I cannot remember how I did that, something like

                      a directory for emails search for surnamem, but I can't seem to find
                      whatever site I used back then. It seems like this method of turning over
                      some stones and finding distant cousins is pretty successful.

                      Paul

                      >From: "June McKee" <junemckee@...>
                      >To: <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com>
                      >Subject: Re: [S-R] Nomination List & Voting
                      >Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 21:20:09 -0700
                      >
                      >Wow Paul you are so lucky to have stumbled onto that one! That is so neat

                      >to have made a connection with family. I think I may try something like
                      >that and see if I can find family.
                      >
                      >June

                      Yahoo! Groups Links