I nominate Caye Caswick!

  • J.
    Message 1 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
      Not that I don't like Bill T. & Janet K. too!

      However, Bill said we should have at least 3 good candidates.

      Good Luck to all of them!!!
      Message 2 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
        All the message history is archived here
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/messages
        Feel free to review, it will bring you up to speed quickly, it's nicely
        organized.

        --
        Bill Tarkulich
        http://www.iabsi.com
        Message 3 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
          Hi everybody!
          I think there are a lot of incredible people on this list that would make a great moderator, but if it is necessary to nominate one, I'd go for Bill Tarkulich.

          Wouldn't it be wise to also pick a "second moderator" for those times when the moderator is away, busy or on vacations? This way we assure that this situation won't happen again.

          G-day to all

          Maria Eugenia Kromholc

          > > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
          > > READ
          > >
          > > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
          > > owner/moderator of this group, but
          > > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
          > >
          > > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
          > > we need to have
          > > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
          > > HELP: Please nominate a
          > > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
          > > message). It must be a
          > > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
          > > nominees, although
          > > more is OK too.
          > >
          > > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
          > > "poll" function, where
          > > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
          > > poll open for two
          > > weeks.
          > >
          > > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
          > >
          > > After the election, we will forward the results to
          > > YahooGroups
          > > administration and they will affect the change.
          > >
          > > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
          > > this through with Yahoo
          > > Groups.
          > >
          > > --
          > > Bill Tarkulich
          > > http://www.iabsi.com
          > >
          > > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
          > > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
          > > decline the position.
          > >
          > > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
          > Dolores Glade

          > Need a vacation? Get great deals
          > to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
          > http://travel.yahoo.com/

        • K Higgison
          Message 4 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
            I nominate Bill Tarkulich. Please keep us posted.

            Thanks...
            Kathi

            > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
            > READ
            >
            > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
            > owner/moderator of this group, but
            > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
            >
            > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
            > we need to have
            > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
            > HELP: Please nominate a
            > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
            > message). It must be a
            > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
            > nominees, although
            > more is OK too.
            >
            > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
            > "poll" function, where
            > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
            > poll open for two
            > weeks.
            >
            > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
            >
            > After the election, we will forward the results to
            > YahooGroups
            > administration and they will affect the change.
            >
            > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
            > this through with Yahoo
            > Groups.
            >
            > --
            > Bill Tarkulich
            > http://www.iabsi.com
            >
            > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
            > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
            > decline the position.
            >
            > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
            Dolores Glade