Re: [S-R] Re: Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE READ

  • travel2001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
      I'm sorry, but Ive been gone for a while.? Why are we changing moderators??

      Thanks,

      George Iski

      GoSlovakia@...

      Message 2 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
        Not that I don't like Bill T. & Janet K. too!

        However, Bill said we should have at least 3 good candidates.

        Good Luck to all of them!!!
        Message 3 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
          All the message history is archived here
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/messages
          Feel free to review, it will bring you up to speed quickly, it's nicely
          organized.

          --
          Bill Tarkulich
          http://www.iabsi.com
          Message 4 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
            Hi everybody!
            I think there are a lot of incredible people on this list that would make a great moderator, but if it is necessary to nominate one, I'd go for Bill Tarkulich.

            Wouldn't it be wise to also pick a "second moderator" for those times when the moderator is away, busy or on vacations? This way we assure that this situation won't happen again.

            G-day to all

            Maria Eugenia Kromholc

            > > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
            > > READ
            > >
            > > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
            > > owner/moderator of this group, but
            > > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
            > >
            > > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
            > > we need to have
            > > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
            > > HELP: Please nominate a
            > > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
            > > message). It must be a
            > > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
            > > nominees, although
            > > more is OK too.
            > >
            > > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
            > > "poll" function, where
            > > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
            > > poll open for two
            > > weeks.
            > >
            > > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
            > >
            > > After the election, we will forward the results to
            > > YahooGroups
            > > administration and they will affect the change.
            > >
            > > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
            > > this through with Yahoo
            > > Groups.
            > >
            > > --
            > > Bill Tarkulich
            > > http://www.iabsi.com
            > >
            > > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
            > > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
            > > decline the position.
            > >
            > > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
            > Dolores Glade

            > Need a vacation? Get great deals
            > to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
            > http://travel.yahoo.com/

          • K Higgison
            Message 5 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
              I nominate Bill Tarkulich. Please keep us posted.

              Thanks...
              Kathi

              > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
              > READ
              >
              > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
              > owner/moderator of this group, but
              > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
              >
              > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
              > we need to have
              > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
              > HELP: Please nominate a
              > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
              > message). It must be a
              > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
              > nominees, although
              > more is OK too.
              >
              > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
              > "poll" function, where
              > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
              > poll open for two
              > weeks.
              >
              > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
              >
              > After the election, we will forward the results to
              > YahooGroups
              > administration and they will affect the change.
              >
              > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
              > this through with Yahoo
              > Groups.
              >
              > --
              > Bill Tarkulich
              > http://www.iabsi.com
              >
              > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
              > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
              > decline the position.
              >
              > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
              Dolores Glade