Re: Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE READ

  • Sinbad Schwartz
    Message 1 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jcotteret"
      > Since Bill Tarkulich does not need any more vote, I'd like to
      > nominate Ron Matvijak who has proposed to be a backup moderator.
      > Many thanks To Bill for all his efforts.
      > Jacques Cotteret

      Ron is my choice for (im)moderator also.

      John M.
    • Terry L. Karkos
      Message 2 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
        I nominate Janet Kozlay.

        Terry Karkos
        Maine

        <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

        > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE READ
        >
        > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change owner/moderator of this
        group, but
        > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
        >
        > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so we need to have
        > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN HELP: Please
        nominate a
        > candidate for moderator(by replying to this message). It must be a
        > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5 nominees,
        although
        > more is OK too.
        >
        > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the "poll" function,
        where
        > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the poll open for
        two
        > weeks.
        >
        > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
        >
        > After the election, we will forward the results to YahooGroups
        > administration and they will affect the change.
        >
        > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working this through with
        Yahoo

      • travel2001@aol.com
        Message 3 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
          I'm sorry, but Ive been gone for a while.? Why are we changing moderators??

          Thanks,

          George Iski

          GoSlovakia@...

          > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE READ
          >
          > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change owner/moderator of this
          group, but
          > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
          >
          > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so we need to have
          > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN HELP: Please
          nominate a
          > candidate for moderator(by replying to this message). It must be a
          > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5 nominees,
          although
          > more is OK too.
          >
          > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the "poll" function,
          where
          > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the poll open for
          two
          > weeks.
          >
          > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
          >
          > After the election, we will forward the results to YahooGroups
          > administration and they will affect the change.
          >
          > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working this through with
          Yahoo
          > Groups.
          >
          > --
          > Bill Tarkulich
          > http://www.iabsi.com
          >
          > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
          > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may decline the
          position.

        • J.
          Message 4 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
            Not that I don't like Bill T. & Janet K. too!

            However, Bill said we should have at least 3 good candidates.

            Good Luck to all of them!!!
            Message 5 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
              All the message history is archived here
              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/messages
              Feel free to review, it will bring you up to speed quickly, it's nicely
              organized.

              --
              Bill Tarkulich
              http://www.iabsi.com
              Message 6 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                Hi everybody!
                I think there are a lot of incredible people on this list that would make a great moderator, but if it is necessary to nominate one, I'd go for Bill Tarkulich.

                Wouldn't it be wise to also pick a "second moderator" for those times when the moderator is away, busy or on vacations? This way we assure that this situation won't happen again.

                G-day to all

                Maria Eugenia Kromholc

                > > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                > > READ
                > >
                > > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                > > owner/moderator of this group, but
                > > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                > >
                > > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                > > we need to have
                > > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                > > HELP: Please nominate a
                > > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                > > message). It must be a
                > > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                > > nominees, although
                > > more is OK too.
                > >
                > > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                > > "poll" function, where
                > > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                > > poll open for two
                > > weeks.
                > >
                > > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                > >
                > > After the election, we will forward the results to
                > > YahooGroups
                > > administration and they will affect the change.
                > >
                > > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                > > this through with Yahoo
                > > Groups.
                > >
                > > --
                > > Bill Tarkulich
                > > http://www.iabsi.com
                > >
                > > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                > > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                > > decline the position.
                > >
                > > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                > Dolores Glade

                > Need a vacation? Get great deals
                > to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
                > http://travel.yahoo.com/

              • K Higgison
                Message 7 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                  I nominate Bill Tarkulich. Please keep us posted.

                  Thanks...
                  Kathi

                  > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                  > READ
                  >
                  > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                  > owner/moderator of this group, but
                  > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                  >
                  > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                  > we need to have
                  > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                  > HELP: Please nominate a
                  > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                  > message). It must be a
                  > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                  > nominees, although
                  > more is OK too.
                  >
                  > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                  > "poll" function, where
                  > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                  > poll open for two
                  > weeks.
                  >
                  > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                  >
                  > After the election, we will forward the results to
                  > YahooGroups
                  > administration and they will affect the change.
                  >
                  > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                  > this through with Yahoo
                  > Groups.
                  >
                  > --
                  > Bill Tarkulich
                  > http://www.iabsi.com
                  >
                  > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                  > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                  > decline the position.
                  >
                  > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                  Dolores Glade