Re: Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE READ

  • jcotteret
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
      <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

      > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE READ
      >
      > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change owner/moderator of this
      group, but
      > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
      >
      > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so we need to have
      > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN HELP: Please
      nominate a
      > candidate for moderator(by replying to this message). It must be a
      > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5 nominees,
      although
      > more is OK too.
      >
      > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the "poll" function,
      where
      > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the poll open for
      two
      > weeks.
      >
      > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
      >
      > After the election, we will forward the results to YahooGroups
      > administration and they will affect the change.
      >
      > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working this through with
      Yahoo
      > Groups.
      >
      > --
      > Bill Tarkulich
      > http://www.iabsi.com
      >
      > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
      > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may decline the
      position.

      Since Bill Tarkulich does not need any more vote, I'd like to
      nominate Ron Matvijak who has proposed to be a backup moderator.
      Many thanks To Bill for all his efforts.
      Jacques Cotteret
    • Sinbad Schwartz
      Message 2 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jcotteret"
        > Since Bill Tarkulich does not need any more vote, I'd like to
        > nominate Ron Matvijak who has proposed to be a backup moderator.
        > Many thanks To Bill for all his efforts.
        > Jacques Cotteret

        Ron is my choice for (im)moderator also.

        John M.
      • Terry L. Karkos
        Message 3 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
          I nominate Janet Kozlay.

          Terry Karkos
          Maine

        • travel2001@aol.com
          Message 4 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
            I'm sorry, but Ive been gone for a while.? Why are we changing moderators??

            Thanks,

            George Iski

            GoSlovakia@...

            > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE READ
            >
            > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change owner/moderator of this
            group, but
            > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
            >
            > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so we need to have
            > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN HELP: Please
            nominate a
            > candidate for moderator(by replying to this message). It must be a
            > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5 nominees,
            although
            > more is OK too.
            >
            > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the "poll" function,
            where
            > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the poll open for
            two
            > weeks.
            >
            > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
            >
            > After the election, we will forward the results to YahooGroups
            > administration and they will affect the change.
            >
            > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working this through with
            Yahoo
            > Groups.
            >
            > --
            > Bill Tarkulich
            > http://www.iabsi.com
            >
            > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
            > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may decline the
            position.

          • J.
            Message 5 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
              Not that I don't like Bill T. & Janet K. too!

              However, Bill said we should have at least 3 good candidates.

              Good Luck to all of them!!!
              Message 6 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                All the message history is archived here
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/messages
                Feel free to review, it will bring you up to speed quickly, it's nicely
                organized.

                --
                Bill Tarkulich
                http://www.iabsi.com
                Message 7 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                  Hi everybody!
                  I think there are a lot of incredible people on this list that would make a great moderator, but if it is necessary to nominate one, I'd go for Bill Tarkulich.

                  Wouldn't it be wise to also pick a "second moderator" for those times when the moderator is away, busy or on vacations? This way we assure that this situation won't happen again.

                  G-day to all

                  Maria Eugenia Kromholc

                  > > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                  > > READ
                  > >
                  > > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                  > > owner/moderator of this group, but
                  > > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                  > >
                  > > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                  > > we need to have
                  > > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                  > > HELP: Please nominate a
                  > > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                  > > message). It must be a
                  > > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                  > > nominees, although
                  > > more is OK too.
                  > >
                  > > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                  > > "poll" function, where
                  > > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                  > > poll open for two
                  > > weeks.
                  > >
                  > > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                  > >
                  > > After the election, we will forward the results to
                  > > YahooGroups
                  > > administration and they will affect the change.
                  > >
                  > > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                  > > this through with Yahoo
                  > > Groups.
                  > >
                  > > --
                  > > Bill Tarkulich
                  > > http://www.iabsi.com
                  > >
                  > > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                  > > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                  > > decline the position.
                  > >
                  > > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                  > Dolores Glade

                  > Need a vacation? Get great deals
                  > to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
                  > http://travel.yahoo.com/

                • K Higgison
                  Message 8 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                    I nominate Bill Tarkulich. Please keep us posted.

                    Thanks...
                    Kathi

                    > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                    > READ
                    >
                    > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                    > owner/moderator of this group, but
                    > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                    >
                    > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                    > we need to have
                    > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                    > HELP: Please nominate a
                    > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                    > message). It must be a
                    > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                    > nominees, although
                    > more is OK too.
                    >
                    > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                    > "poll" function, where
                    > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                    > poll open for two
                    > weeks.
                    >
                    > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                    >
                    > After the election, we will forward the results to
                    > YahooGroups
                    > administration and they will affect the change.
                    >
                    > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                    > this through with Yahoo
                    > Groups.
                    >
                    > --
                    > Bill Tarkulich
                    > http://www.iabsi.com
                    >
                    > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                    > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                    > decline the position.
                    >
                    > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                    Dolores Glade