Re: [S-R] Nominations

  • Sinbad Schwartz
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 31 10:47 PM
      <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

      > Glad you brought that up. Maura would remain as list owner. I
      don't
      think that part will change. But a moderator can do almost all the
      same things.
      Bill<

      I wouldn't anticipate that this would happen but I believe an owner
      can remove moderators and possibly delete the list and archives if
      he/she chose to do so. Does anyone know whether this is correct?

      After a quick check I found this item regarding my question

      "Practices Regarding Your Ability to Update or Delete Information

      If you are a Group owner, you can edit or delete any posting or
      member in your Group. You can also completely delete your Group at
      any time. Group owners can also grant moderators the ability to edit
      or delete postings and members from the Group."

      Does this mean that without the owner's permission the moderators
      cannot edit or delete postings and members?

      John

      John
    • maureen pulignano
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1, 2007
        <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

        > Glad you brought that up. Maura would remain as list owner. I don't
        > think that part will change. But a moderator can do almost all the
        same
        > things.
        > Bill
        >
        > On Tue, July 31, 2007 6:10 pm, amiak27 wrote:
        > > I do not know what the poll will look like, but we should also
        include
        > > Maura Petzolt , and assign a backup moderator status or other
        > > appropriate status to her, anticipating that she WILL return. This
        > > will acknowledge her status as founder, and will demonstrate that
        our
        > > action is not a palace coup, but rather an action to carry on her
        work.

        > > If including her on the 'staff' list is not possible, then we should
        > > have an open discussion on just what her status will be after the
        > > election.
        > >
        > > Ron
        > >

        > > To unsubscribe from this group, go to
        > > http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS -or- send blank email
        > > Yahoo! Groups Links
        > >

        > --
        > Bill Tarkulich
        > http://www.iabsi.com

        Given Yahoo's reluctance to step in, this may well be our only
        opportunity to have them change group ownership. When/if Maura returns
        she can read the entire thread of this discussion and she will know this
        was not a peasant uprising. At that point a decision can be made about
        future ownership. At no time should the group be without available
        moderators with full authority.

        Just my 2 cents worth, having been thru this issue in other groups.

        Maureen Pulignano

        www.deefalt.com <http://www.deefalt.com>

      • david1law@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 5, 2007
          Hi Janet:

          I just wanted to wish you a speedy recovery. Get well soon. = )

          Best regards,

          David