Re: [S-R] Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE READ

  • Edie
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
      I nominate Bill Tarkulich if Bill wants to be nominated.
      Edith "Edie" Sando

      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
        Ditto, Vote for Bill. Deb

        Bill Tarkulich <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote: I accept the nomination! No need to nominate me any more!
        To have a fair election, we need other candidates too. (This isn't the
        old USSR!) So, we need some other names too! It might be a good idea to
        nominate those who have asked to be a backup moderator, so we have a
        "list".

        Thanks,
        Bill

        Deb West

      • Rick
        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
          I nominate Bill Tarkulich

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Ann Fisher <pajovigirl1@...>
          wrote:

          > I nominate Bill Tarkulich.
          >
          > Dolores Glade <dtglade@...> wrote:
          > --- Bill Tarkulich <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
          > > READ
          > >
          > > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
          > > owner/moderator of this group, but
          > > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
          > >
          > > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
          > > we need to have
          > > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
          > > HELP: Please nominate a
          > > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
          > > message). It must be a
          > > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
          > > nominees, although
          > > more is OK too.
          > >
          > > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
          > > "poll" function, where
          > > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
          > > poll open for two
          > > weeks.
          > >
          > > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
          > >
          > > After the election, we will forward the results to
          > > YahooGroups
          > > administration and they will affect the change.
          > >
          > > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
          > > this through with Yahoo
          > > Groups.
          > >
          > > --
          > > Bill Tarkulich
          > > http://www.iabsi.com
          > >
          > > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
          > > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
          > > decline the position.
          > >
          > > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
          > Dolores Glade

          > Need a vacation? Get great deals
          > to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
          > http://travel.yahoo.com/

        • jcotteret
          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
            <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

            > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE READ
            >
            > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change owner/moderator of this
            group, but
            > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
            >
            > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so we need to have
            > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN HELP: Please
            nominate a
            > candidate for moderator(by replying to this message). It must be a
            > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5 nominees,
            although
            > more is OK too.
            >
            > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the "poll" function,
            where
            > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the poll open for
            two
            > weeks.
            >
            > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
            >
            > After the election, we will forward the results to YahooGroups
            > administration and they will affect the change.
            >
            > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working this through with
            Yahoo
            > Groups.
            >
            > --
            > Bill Tarkulich
            > http://www.iabsi.com
            >
            > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
            > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may decline the
            position.

            Since Bill Tarkulich does not need any more vote, I'd like to
            nominate Ron Matvijak who has proposed to be a backup moderator.
            Many thanks To Bill for all his efforts.
            Jacques Cotteret
          • Sinbad Schwartz
            Message 5 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jcotteret"
              > Since Bill Tarkulich does not need any more vote, I'd like to
              > nominate Ron Matvijak who has proposed to be a backup moderator.
              > Many thanks To Bill for all his efforts.
              > Jacques Cotteret

              Ron is my choice for (im)moderator also.

              John M.
            • Terry L. Karkos
              Message 6 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                I nominate Janet Kozlay.

                Terry Karkos
                Maine

              • travel2001@aol.com
                Message 7 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                  I'm sorry, but Ive been gone for a while.? Why are we changing moderators??

                  Thanks,

                  George Iski

                  GoSlovakia@...

                  > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE READ
                  >
                  > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change owner/moderator of this
                  group, but
                  > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                  >
                  > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so we need to have
                  > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN HELP: Please
                  nominate a
                  > candidate for moderator(by replying to this message). It must be a
                  > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5 nominees,
                  although
                  > more is OK too.
                  >
                  > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the "poll" function,
                  where
                  > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the poll open for
                  two
                  > weeks.
                  >
                  > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                  >
                  > After the election, we will forward the results to YahooGroups
                  > administration and they will affect the change.
                  >
                  > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working this through with
                  Yahoo
                  > Groups.
                  >
                  > --
                  > Bill Tarkulich
                  > http://www.iabsi.com
                  >
                  > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                  > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may decline the
                  position.

                • J.
                  Message 8 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                    Not that I don't like Bill T. & Janet K. too!

                    However, Bill said we should have at least 3 good candidates.

                    Good Luck to all of them!!!
                    Message 9 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                      All the message history is archived here
                      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/messages
                      Feel free to review, it will bring you up to speed quickly, it's nicely
                      organized.

                      --
                      Bill Tarkulich
                      http://www.iabsi.com
                      Message 10 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                        Hi everybody!
                        I think there are a lot of incredible people on this list that would make a great moderator, but if it is necessary to nominate one, I'd go for Bill Tarkulich.

                        Wouldn't it be wise to also pick a "second moderator" for those times when the moderator is away, busy or on vacations? This way we assure that this situation won't happen again.

                        G-day to all

                        Maria Eugenia Kromholc

                        > > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                        > > READ
                        > >
                        > > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                        > > owner/moderator of this group, but
                        > > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                        > >
                        > > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                        > > we need to have
                        > > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                        > > HELP: Please nominate a
                        > > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                        > > message). It must be a
                        > > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                        > > nominees, although
                        > > more is OK too.
                        > >
                        > > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                        > > "poll" function, where
                        > > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                        > > poll open for two
                        > > weeks.
                        > >
                        > > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                        > >
                        > > After the election, we will forward the results to
                        > > YahooGroups
                        > > administration and they will affect the change.
                        > >
                        > > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                        > > this through with Yahoo
                        > > Groups.
                        > >
                        > > --
                        > > Bill Tarkulich
                        > > http://www.iabsi.com
                        > >
                        > > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                        > > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                        > > decline the position.
                        > >
                        > > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                        > Dolores Glade

                        > Need a vacation? Get great deals
                        > to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
                        > http://travel.yahoo.com/

                      • K Higgison
                        Message 11 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                          I nominate Bill Tarkulich. Please keep us posted.

                          Thanks...
                          Kathi

                          > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                          > READ
                          >
                          > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                          > owner/moderator of this group, but
                          > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                          >
                          > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                          > we need to have
                          > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                          > HELP: Please nominate a
                          > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                          > message). It must be a
                          > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                          > nominees, although
                          > more is OK too.
                          >
                          > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                          > "poll" function, where
                          > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                          > poll open for two
                          > weeks.
                          >
                          > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                          >
                          > After the election, we will forward the results to
                          > YahooGroups
                          > administration and they will affect the change.
                          >
                          > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                          > this through with Yahoo
                          > Groups.
                          >
                          > --
                          > Bill Tarkulich
                          > http://www.iabsi.com
                          >
                          > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                          > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                          > decline the position.
                          >
                          > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                          Dolores Glade