Re: [S-R] Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE READ

  • Ann Fisher
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
      I nominate Bill Tarkulich.

      Dolores Glade <dtglade@...> wrote:

      > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
      > READ
      >
      > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
      > owner/moderator of this group, but
      > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
      >
      > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
      > we need to have
      > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
      > HELP: Please nominate a
      > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
      > message). It must be a
      > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
      > nominees, although
      > more is OK too.
      >
      > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
      > "poll" function, where
      > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
      > poll open for two
      > weeks.
      >
      > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
      >
      > After the election, we will forward the results to
      > YahooGroups
      > administration and they will affect the change.
      >
      > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
      > this through with Yahoo
      > Groups.
      >
      > --
      > Bill Tarkulich
      > http://www.iabsi.com
      >
      > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
      > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
      > decline the position.
      >
      > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
      Dolores Glade

      Need a vacation? Get great deals
      to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
      http://travel.yahoo.com/

    • Edie
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
        I nominate Bill Tarkulich if Bill wants to be nominated.
        Edith "Edie" Sando

        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
          Ditto, Vote for Bill. Deb

          Bill Tarkulich <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote: I accept the nomination! No need to nominate me any more!
          To have a fair election, we need other candidates too. (This isn't the
          old USSR!) So, we need some other names too! It might be a good idea to
          nominate those who have asked to be a backup moderator, so we have a
          "list".

          Thanks,
          Bill

          Deb West

        • Rick
          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
            I nominate Bill Tarkulich

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Ann Fisher <pajovigirl1@...>
            wrote:

            > I nominate Bill Tarkulich.
            >
            > Dolores Glade <dtglade@...> wrote:
            > --- Bill Tarkulich <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
            > > READ
            > >
            > > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
            > > owner/moderator of this group, but
            > > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
            > >
            > > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
            > > we need to have
            > > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
            > > HELP: Please nominate a
            > > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
            > > message). It must be a
            > > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
            > > nominees, although
            > > more is OK too.
            > >
            > > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
            > > "poll" function, where
            > > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
            > > poll open for two
            > > weeks.
            > >
            > > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
            > >
            > > After the election, we will forward the results to
            > > YahooGroups
            > > administration and they will affect the change.
            > >
            > > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
            > > this through with Yahoo
            > > Groups.
            > >
            > > --
            > > Bill Tarkulich
            > > http://www.iabsi.com
            > >
            > > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
            > > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
            > > decline the position.
            > >
            > > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
            > Dolores Glade

            > Need a vacation? Get great deals
            > to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
            > http://travel.yahoo.com/

          • jcotteret
            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 31, 2007
              <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

              > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE READ
              >
              > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change owner/moderator of this
              group, but
              > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
              >
              > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so we need to have
              > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN HELP: Please
              nominate a
              > candidate for moderator(by replying to this message). It must be a
              > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5 nominees,
              although
              > more is OK too.
              >
              > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the "poll" function,
              where
              > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the poll open for
              two
              > weeks.
              >
              > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
              >
              > After the election, we will forward the results to YahooGroups
              > administration and they will affect the change.
              >
              > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working this through with
              Yahoo
              > Groups.
              >
              > --
              > Bill Tarkulich
              > http://www.iabsi.com
              >
              > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
              > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may decline the
              position.

              Since Bill Tarkulich does not need any more vote, I'd like to
              nominate Ron Matvijak who has proposed to be a backup moderator.
              Many thanks To Bill for all his efforts.
              Jacques Cotteret
            • Sinbad Schwartz
              Message 6 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jcotteret"
                > Since Bill Tarkulich does not need any more vote, I'd like to
                > nominate Ron Matvijak who has proposed to be a backup moderator.
                > Many thanks To Bill for all his efforts.
                > Jacques Cotteret

                Ron is my choice for (im)moderator also.

                John M.
              • Terry L. Karkos
                Message 7 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                  I nominate Janet Kozlay.

                  Terry Karkos
                  Maine

                • travel2001@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                    I'm sorry, but Ive been gone for a while.? Why are we changing moderators??

                    Thanks,

                    George Iski

                    GoSlovakia@...

                    > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE READ
                    >
                    > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change owner/moderator of this
                    group, but
                    > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                    >
                    > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so we need to have
                    > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN HELP: Please
                    nominate a
                    > candidate for moderator(by replying to this message). It must be a
                    > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5 nominees,
                    although
                    > more is OK too.
                    >
                    > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the "poll" function,
                    where
                    > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the poll open for
                    two
                    > weeks.
                    >
                    > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                    >
                    > After the election, we will forward the results to YahooGroups
                    > administration and they will affect the change.
                    >
                    > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working this through with
                    Yahoo
                    > Groups.
                    >
                    > --
                    > Bill Tarkulich
                    > http://www.iabsi.com
                    >
                    > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                    > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may decline the
                    position.

                  • J.
                    Message 9 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                      Not that I don't like Bill T. & Janet K. too!

                      However, Bill said we should have at least 3 good candidates.

                      Good Luck to all of them!!!
                      Message 10 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                        All the message history is archived here
                        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/messages
                        Feel free to review, it will bring you up to speed quickly, it's nicely
                        organized.

                        --
                        Bill Tarkulich
                        http://www.iabsi.com
                        Message 11 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                          Hi everybody!
                          I think there are a lot of incredible people on this list that would make a great moderator, but if it is necessary to nominate one, I'd go for Bill Tarkulich.

                          Wouldn't it be wise to also pick a "second moderator" for those times when the moderator is away, busy or on vacations? This way we assure that this situation won't happen again.

                          G-day to all

                          Maria Eugenia Kromholc

                          > > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                          > > READ
                          > >
                          > > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                          > > owner/moderator of this group, but
                          > > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                          > >
                          > > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                          > > we need to have
                          > > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                          > > HELP: Please nominate a
                          > > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                          > > message). It must be a
                          > > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                          > > nominees, although
                          > > more is OK too.
                          > >
                          > > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                          > > "poll" function, where
                          > > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                          > > poll open for two
                          > > weeks.
                          > >
                          > > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                          > >
                          > > After the election, we will forward the results to
                          > > YahooGroups
                          > > administration and they will affect the change.
                          > >
                          > > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                          > > this through with Yahoo
                          > > Groups.
                          > >
                          > > --
                          > > Bill Tarkulich
                          > > http://www.iabsi.com
                          > >
                          > > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                          > > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                          > > decline the position.
                          > >
                          > > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                          > Dolores Glade

                          > Need a vacation? Get great deals
                          > to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
                          > http://travel.yahoo.com/

                        • K Higgison
                          Message 12 of 24 , Aug 1, 2007
                            I nominate Bill Tarkulich. Please keep us posted.

                            Thanks...
                            Kathi

                            > Nominations for a New Moderator - EVERYONE PLEASE
                            > READ
                            >
                            > Yahoo Groups has allowed us to change
                            > owner/moderator of this group, but
                            > we must conduct an "election" so-to speak.
                            >
                            > To have an election, we must have "candidates", so
                            > we need to have
                            > nominations for moderator. Here is where YOU CAN
                            > HELP: Please nominate a
                            > candidate for moderator(by replying to this
                            > message). It must be a
                            > current member of this list. I am hoping to get 3-5
                            > nominees, although
                            > more is OK too.
                            >
                            > We will then "vote" for a moderator, by using the
                            > "poll" function, where
                            > you get a chance to vote (once!) We will leave the
                            > poll open for two
                            > weeks.
                            >
                            > NOMINATIONS DUE BY SUNDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 2007.
                            >
                            > After the election, we will forward the results to
                            > YahooGroups
                            > administration and they will affect the change.
                            >
                            > A big round of "Thanks!" to Gary Gaba for working
                            > this through with Yahoo
                            > Groups.
                            >
                            > --
                            > Bill Tarkulich
                            > http://www.iabsi.com
                            >
                            > p.s., you are welcome to nominate yourself.
                            > p.p.s., If you are nominated are elected, you may
                            > decline the position.
                            >
                            > I nominate Bill Tarkulich,
                            Dolores Glade